Future Home Refueling Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Home Refueling Options

With the Phill home refueling option going bye bye, does anyone know what the next home refueling option might be?

Re: Future Home Refueling Options

JMO,

I have moved this thread into the Home Refueling Forum. Please follow it here.
    Jared.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier
    2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

There doesn't seem to be a link to the new thread, or this interface doesn't have linking enabled, or something...
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

Other better Fuelmaker products are on the market i.e. C3's FM4's etc
        contact [email protected] to find out more.

Comment

Have any of you installed a Home Refueling unit from EWS. Since FuelMaker is out of the picture I have been looking for alternatives. It seems that they carry the EWS CNG Home Filling Stations.

Also I found this link and would like to know if any you have looked into this unit, not sure if this is true.

newgas DOT biz

Curious to know if this tax incentinve can still be claimed by installing a used Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36

afdc.energy DOT gov in California
          Natural Gas Vehicle Home Fueling Infrastructure Incentive - South Coast
          Residents of the South Coast Air Quality Management District may be eligible for an incentive of up to $2,000 toward the purchase of a qualified natural gas vehicle home fueling appliance.
          Last edited by Curtis; 05-21-2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

This thing looks like a converted dive compressor , at least the one he has on e-bay. They are in UT, also sell pool supplies, and cng kits/ tanks from china. Must be cng experts

Comment

A converted dive compressor might work. The compressor is not necessarily the problem, I just wouldn't blindly trust the package around it. Check out the newgas link. That guy is trying a fastfill system for at home. With storage.

Comment

Here's a China businessman peddling their model:

www DOT alibaba DOT com/product-gs/290806185/CNG_home_refueling_station_Compressor_12Nm3.html

Comment

Originally posted by JMO View Post
                  With the Phill home refueling option going bye bye, does anyone know what the next home refueling option might be?
                  Has this been confirmed, the last I heard is that it is a month out.
                  Silver 09 GX
                  Phill G:1.5

Comment

BRC Fuel Maker announced that the Phill system is now available for ordering.

To find your closest dealer go to http://www.impcotechnologies.com/phill-dealers.asp

Comment

Does anyone have more information about these two options:

1. New Gas Industries XQF-50

New Gas Industries provides a turn key service by equipping new and existing automobile users with the ability to fuel their cars, vans and light trucks from home at speeds similar to those at commercial gas stations. We use refrigeration and proven technologys to capture natural gas that is already distributed to many homes and covert it into a fuel, CNG that can be used to power cars.

XQF Control PanelThe product that makes this possible is the XQF series fully automatic natural gas collector and filling solution. Using state of the art electronics designed by a group of world class engineers, we use computers to monitor the entire process to ensure that it is both safe and easy to use. There are only eight buttons on the control panel.

During the day, the XQF (Xtra Quick Fill) collects and stores natural gas from the gas line that already comes to your house. The unit completely weather proof and is designed to be stored outside. The state of the art sealed membrane control panel includes a daylight readable message display and LED array fuel guage. It runs quietly in the background with noise levels similar to a central air conditioner.

Control panel buttonsWhen you get home at night, simply attach the filling hose, press the Car button, enter your password and press the big green start button., at almost four "gallons" per minute filling speed, fifteen gallons of fuel takes LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES to complete.
                      2. GreenLine Fuel Corp. MCH-5 CNG

CHARGING RATE : 85 L /min - 5 m3/h - 3 CFM

FILLING TIME TANK 180 Liters - 0/250 Bar : 4 h

WORKING PRESSURE : 250 Bar - 3600 Psi

DRIVEN BY : Three-phase or single-phase electric motor (Atex certified)

POWER : Three-phase 3 Kw (400/690 V - 50 Hz) Single-phase 3 Kw (230 V - 50/60 Hz) 16,7 Ampere

DIMENSIONS : height 105 cm / 41.3”
                      width 70 cm / 27.5” - depth 67 cm / 26.3”

DRY WEIGHT : 160 Kg / 352 lbs

NOISE : 65 dB (at 1 m distance)

N° STAGES AND CYLINDERS : 3

LUBRICANT : CE 750 Synthetic

FRAME : Powder coated steel

OIL/MOISTURE SEPARATORS: 1

FILTRATION : 1 Maxifilter with
                      molecular sieve

SAFETY PRESSURE SWITCH : 1 last stage

INTERSTAGE COOLERS AND AFTER COOLERS : Stainless steel

MIN/MAX SUCTION PRESSURE : 17 mbar - 200 mbar

DELIVERY TEMPERATURE : Ambient temp. + 5° C / FORCED AIR COOLED

COMPRESSOR RPM : 1240
                      I tried searching the forum, but I couldn't find any info (sorry if I missed a thread). I'm looking for price and availability. I may end up emailing them.

Comment

Some of this may be old information (I'm new to the forum), but here's what I've got. I talked with Justin Beerer the owner of Greenline Fuel Corp. (#2) today. All of what I'm about to say is what I understood (as it is all new to me). I'd talk with Justin directly for better/more accurate information.

Greenline Fuel Corp.
                        [email protected]
                        greenlinefuelcorp.com
                        Office: (951) 699-3969

Basically, he said that Greenline is the importer for the Coltri line of compressors. As I understand it, Coltri is an Italian company that has been making scuba compressors for a while. Greenline receives the compressors in Oxnard, CA and also has an office in Temecula, CA.

I saw this thread about Coltri compressors here: http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....pressor-Manual

Justin said that the MCG5 is described as putting out 2.5 GGE/hour, but actually makes about 2.8 GGE/hour. He said it does not need a rebuild the way that the Phill does. He said it needs an oil change every 500 hours and a valve adjustment every 1,000 hours. He said that his company can do the valve adjustment, but that it's pretty straightforward and that someone could easily learn to do it themselves and would only need $160 in parts. He said it only was 55 decibels and was comparable in noise to a laundry washing machine or dryer. He said that it could be installed in a garage and vented.

By producing 2.5-2.8 GGE, it seems like it would need to run a lot less hours compared to a Phill. The problem (as I understood it) is that it can use up most of the gas coming into a house which can cause the pilot light on the homeowner's water heater (etc.) to go out. I think that he said installing a dedicated NGV gas meter would solve that problem. I would talk with Justin about the price, but I think they're around $10,500. I'm not up on all of the incentives, but he mentioned that one could receive a tax credit for 30% of the price.

Comment

Originally posted by ragged325 View Post
                          ... The problem (as I understood it) is that it can use up most of the gas coming into a house which can cause the pilot light on the homeowner's water heater (etc.) to go out. I think that he said installing a dedicated NGV gas meter would solve that problem...
                          Don't count on just a second meter making it better, many of us already need that dedicated meter already. Be more concerned that the supply pipe is of sufficent diameter, etc. Something that needs to supply 3X that of a FMQ-2 may be an issue. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an alternative to my FMQ that has become more and more unreliable with time (maybe I expect too much for the ten year old unit, or maybe AZ summers are just too harsh, or maybe I'm just getting off topic )
                          Last edited by CNGfamily; 04-14-2011, 09:46 AM. Reason: typo
                          2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
                          Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
                          Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
                          Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

Most NG supply lines are running 5-60 psi depending on what part of the country you are in, the regulator knocks it down to 7"wc (1/4 psi)for your home. It is a easy and not very expensive fix to kick your inlet pressure to 2 psi and install a pressure regulator (7"wc) for your house and send higher pressure to the compressor.

Comment

Since the info states this is for home refueling---- This system is illegal... Period

There is no allowance for storage at a residential location in the USA. See NFPA 52

Comment

Working...
                              X