Other Manufacturers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Manufacturers?

Is FuelMaker the only manufacturer of home refueling devices?
    I sure hope someone else gets into the game.
    We need to get a little competition going to get prices down and products improved!

Re: Other Manufacturers?

Beemer,
    I have heard of the Freedom Fueler and have been to the website, but I don't have any experience with them. Does anyone else have any info on the Freedom Fueler?

Comment

Fuelmaker WAS the only manufacturer, and will be the only one when FSYS gets that product line going again. "Freedom Fueler" is vaporware. There are a couple of other manufacturers with little or no experience in the US market.
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

Just found this link (from a google link at cngprices.com):
        http://www.jiffygas.com/
        it shows a refueling unit, goes only to 2900 psi, but would work for my, since I am only going 100 miles a day.
        Have not done much more research on who is the actual manufacturer, seems European based on the 50Hz and 220V requirement. Anyway thought I share.
        Last edited by OhMyGas; 06-24-2009, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I have spoken to these guys a year ago last they were waiting for certification for 5000 psi units

hxxp://www.gasfill.com/

Comment

Besides Fuelmaker and Gas fill

There were others but they were scammers

one was a guy from the netherlands was a device similar to this one half the

width all stainless steel with a rectangular touchpad

the attached picture was only to demostrate the profile of the scammers

device
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Everyone,

as the social media rapresentative at gasfill, I am here to say that we are in the process of securing a partner who will help take our HRA to market. The U.S is a market which we are strongly hoping to break into. As I just joined the forum I cannot post any thread specific to our product, but please visit our social pages which we have just created, and stay connected with us, if interested in finding out more about our progress.

https://www.facebook.com/gasfillhome
              twitter @gasfill

Kind Regards
              gasfill

Comment

I am familiar with ***fill.
                Last edited by Curtis; 04-09-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

******cng.com

*****fix.com
                  Last edited by Curtis; 04-09-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

We are better off spending energy encouraging local stores to put in a fast fill station. These home stations are not practical when you factor in expense, maintenance, lack of support (who is gonna fly across the country to service it?), installation fees, certifications, etc....

We have 3 simple questions for home station providers, and nobody has emailed me yet. We are happy to promote one if you can provide the following:

1. Installed for less than $5,000.
                    2. No payment until the item is ready to ship (we will NOT finance your company and wait 6 months or possibly forever).
                    3. Can you show me anyone with at least 2 years service history.

Still waiting...

Comment

There is a "smart" model of the Phill that is priced under $5000 It is for outdoor install only.

Installation has so many variables it is impossible to determine an installed cost without doing a site assessment. Relocating a gas line and electric service/outlet, venting, safety bollards... the list goes on to be compliant. Call any HVAC company(gas/electric), or electrician and plumber you want. If you are a DIY person you can save the profit another company must show the boss. I don't care what brand you are installing, the utility and other costs will be somewhat similar/or not depending on location and the contractor you choose. Don't like the price? find a different contractor. I only require start up of a Phill as long as all code and manufacturer criteria are met. Permitting is/can be handled as the owner's issue or contracted in. Because the BRC Fuel Maker products are certified as appliances, the utility contractors usually pull the required permits for extending the lines.

Companies are typically not financial institutions. You want it, buy it. A delivery with non-payment or person that cancels an order before delivery creates liabilities for the company. (I use Pay Pal as it affords the buyer some assurance of financial safety)
                      I know of a company that carried the financial liability for the USAF. When the order was cancelled it bankrupted the company. Who would have thought the government would cancel an order? Low and behold it happened. If you can't afford it today, you can't afford it tomorrow.

BRC Fuel Maker has been selling compressors in the US since 1989. I have quite a good number of machines in service. Arizona probably has the largest in service compressors history as they have been in business for a very long time. Nationwide there are thousands of BRC Fuel Maker machines in service.

Note: On this or any other forum venue, one tends to hear from those that are trying to solve an issue. Very little is heard from the owner of a machine that keeps on working day in and day out. If there are a lot of a machines or vehicles or... on the market there are some people that need help. Perhaps many that think they are mechanical and can fix anything. Just read some threads. Then there are the reader critics. Never owned one but knows all about it.

Comment

if you want a compressor from me you sign the contract and give me one third down and one third when it shows up and the last third when I fill my pick up to go home and you see that it works. as the bank and I have a deal they don't build compressors and I don't loan money!! it should not take more than 1 month to ship as we custom build to your specs ie drive, natural gas, elt, diesel, cfm and whatever else the customer wants. so it takes time to build one . we also run it a min of 25 hours to fill our cars and trucks so we can catch most of the problems before it gos to the customer ie bad relay or a bad fitting and what not . as most service calls and warranty problems are caused by something simple. our number one thing is to make the customer happy as most of our sales come from past customers reference. most are portable so we have to do the trailer paper work with state.
                        Last edited by cowboy; 03-06-2014, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper View Post
                          We are better off spending energy encouraging local stores to put in a fast fill station. These home stations are not practical when you factor in expense, maintenance, lack of support (who is gonna fly across the country to service it?), installation fees, certifications, etc....

We have 3 simple questions for home station providers, and nobody has emailed me yet. We are happy to promote one if you can provide the following:

1. Installed for less than $5,000.
                          2. No payment until the item is ready to ship (we will NOT finance your company and wait 6 months or possibly forever).
                          3. Can you show me anyone with at least 2 years service history.

Still waiting...
                          Ditto on everything !

Comment

Skipper,
                            Good points altho I would still like the convenience of a HRA. Points 1 and 2 are well taken. However, the only way to satisfy point 3 is to ignore point 3. I mean, someone has to try one first, right?

Comment

Originally posted by natgasman2014 View Post
                              Skipper,
                              Good points altho I would still like the convenience of a HRA. Points 1 and 2 are well taken. However, the only way to satisfy point 3 is to ignore point 3. I mean, someone has to try one first, right?
                              Not really. 2 years of beta test units in the lab and in the field with potential customers, at the expense of the manufacturer. If the manufacturer cant afford that, they don't have what it takes to succeed in business. They need to partner with someone who can afford to or sell the design. In just about any business, you need the capitol to run for 2-5 years before a profit. This is business 101. And why so many small businesses fail.

Comment

Working...
                              X