No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about The New VRA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about The New VRA?

Ran across this on EBay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-C...Q5fAccessories

2.5gge/hr
    10 yr before service
    Dryer included
    only $13k

Looks like a FMQ2-36's big brother.
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]Comes out of Wisconsin
    Last edited by Curtis; 05-21-2009, 05:46 PM.

Re: Anyone know anything about The New VRA?

This guy always has strange European and Chinese machinery on eBay. I sent him an email once and he said he didn't have the product, but was waiting to see if he could get any action for a product. I think this is the same guy http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Kompresor-Fue...634.m333.l1262
    2009 GX
    2000 K2500
    2002 Cavalier
    1998 Contour
    Phill powered by solar power

Comment

I don't think it's the same seller. That guy appears to be a FM dealer... or ex-FM dealer. And he's selling from Poland or somewhere.

Comment

I've talked to the guy in Wisconsin several times. He has had several fuelmakers, parts, test equipment, etc. on E-bay. I bought Cavalier parts from him a couple of times. I believe he was a Fuelmaker dealer--or was associated with one. I talked to him about the new compressor a couple of days ago. Said he will have one in a couple of months to look at. He was a little vague about where it was coming from--either the UK or Poland. Claims it has auto shutoff with temperature compensation. Who knows what (if any) certifications it will have. It will most likely work just fine .

Comment

At $13k it ought to!
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

Interesting, he's selling on EBay as if he has them in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis View Post
              I don't think it's the same seller. That guy appears to be a FM dealer... or ex-FM dealer. And he's selling from Poland or somewhere.
              I thought Poland WAS in Europe?
              2009 GX
              2000 K2500
              2002 Cavalier
              1998 Contour
              Phill powered by solar power

Comment

Originally posted by freedml View Post
                At $13k it ought to!
                A new FMQ was $10-$12k at 1gge, no dryer included.

If this is a foreign unit with no certifications there's no way to permit an install.

Comment

FM doesn't have 2.5 gge compressor. If it is foreign, there is no US certification and getting an install would be impossible. (legally)

siai47...Who is the WI guy and what city is he in. Contact info?

Comment

Originally posted by siai47 View Post
                    I've talked to the guy in Wisconsin several times. He has had several fuelmakers, parts, test equipment, etc. on E-bay. I bought Cavalier parts from him a couple of times. I believe he was a Fuelmaker dealer--or was associated with one. I talked to him about the new compressor a couple of days ago. Said he will have one in a couple of months to look at. He was a little vague about where it was coming from--either the UK or Poland. Claims it has auto shutoff with temperature compensation. Who knows what (if any) certifications it will have. It will most likely work just fine .
                    I think you are probably right that it will work just fine I would buy one if I needed one and if even it was manual operation it would not bother me in the least as my compresser now is let the hp shut down but for someone like my sister I would like to see it put through some testing but keep in mind it is working for the rest of the world and theUSA is not the only place that has dummys as most whould not blow off water or check oil if it has any or just let it go till it blows a prd if it dont have temp compensation most would not bother with a temp comp chart if they could read it so I will grant we do need a little supervision such as ul but the goverment gos way to far with anything they take on

Comment

This just in from the guy selling this unit. It does appear to be a foreign unit. Wonder if he plans to get it lab tested... I have my doubts. Unless you're installing it illegally, you'd not be able to pull a permit to install it.

Hi Curtis,

As an Old FUELMAKER Dealer, have been working on this for two years now. Ever since FUELMAKER said (When they where in business) that can't sell out of our market, Ballony!
                      I import them, A few dealers have called me and they do reconize the manufacturer.
                      WELL BUILT UNIT BY THE WAY!They have said.

Respectfully,
                      Bob

Comment

The guy is in Silver Lake, Wisconsin. His name is Bob and his phone number is on the E-bay listing. The compressor is E-bay item # 150345239212. I really don't know much more then that. However, as far as pricing goes--What he is selling (or hoping to sell) is closer to the output of an FM8 then the FM2-Q36, and those things were $30K. Maybe nothing will come of this item, maybe it will but when an alternative to Fuelmaker comes around it is worth a look. Installing it shouldn't be any harder then getting something like a Bauer permitted--It just isn't going to be something that can be installed (legally) at your house .

Comment

Working...
                        X