Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternatives to Phill?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alternatives to Phill?

    Why can't we buy a European home re-fueling unit. Does anyone have any contact info for European models? Is it illegal in the US? What are the alternatives to Phill & Fuelmaker?

  • #2
    Re: Alternatives to Phill?

    As far as I know, there aren't any other companies that make a home refueling unit. Fuelmaker has definitely led the way in the market.
    Actually, Fuelmaker is also very active in Europe. I know they have sold many units in France, etc. Unfortunately, I'm guessing that other companies view the market to be too small to make the investment to enter it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Alternatives to Phill?

      Right you are Jennifer. I did a search on European CNG Filling Units and I found two companies that make small CNG filling units. One was of course Fuelmaker and the other was Bauer. Bauer's unit was however designed to be portable. So I'm pretty sure that Fuelmaker is the only one.
      Jared.
      Mountain Green, Utah
      2003 CNG Cavalier
      2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Alternatives to Phill?

        Originally posted by Highmarker View Post
        Right you are Jennifer. I did a search on European CNG Filling Units and I found two companies that make small CNG filling units. One was of course Fuelmaker and the other was Bauer. Bauer's unit was however designed to be portable. So I'm pretty sure that Fuelmaker is the only one.
        Yes, home refulling stations does not exist here in Sweden what i know of. Even if i want one In the inner city we have Natural gas lines for gas stoves but thats only in some areas and an very old network. But i hope they will start to expand this network now when we can use it to fill up our cars And the only home filling unit i know is Phill and closest dealer is Finland for me...

        They have Natural gas in our gas lines in the inner city and also plan (2010) to replace this gas with BioGas.. So thats even better

        Nice forum you have here btw..

        Ciao!

        ________________
        Magnus Johansson
        Driver of a Volvo S60 Bi-Fuel
        Fuel statistics -> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/220326.html
        Volvo S60 Bi-Fuel Automatic -06
        Average consumption: 34,4MPG
        Living in Sweden (We don?t have polar bears on our streets)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Alternatives to Phill?

          To keep this thread on topic I have moved the subsequent discussion on European NGV's to a new thread in the "Other NGV" Forum. Please follow it there:
          http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1911

          I have somewhere in my bookmarks two home CNG compressor products... one from the UK and another from the Netherlands. Anyone know of them?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Alternatives to Phill?

            How do those fill stations work? some sort of 4 stage compressor?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Alternatives to Phill?

              Originally posted by John View Post
              To keep this thread on topic I have moved the subsequent discussion on European NGV's to a new thread in the "Other NGV" Forum. Please follow it there:
              http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1911

              I have somewhere in my bookmarks two home CNG compressor products... one from the UK and another from the Netherlands. Anyone know of them?
              I emailed the co from UK and tried to find out if they had any intention of going into competition with Fuelmaker in the US anytime down the road... I never got a response.

              From what I could see, their units are not exactly inexpensive.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Alternatives to Phill?

                Does anyone have information about the three stage hydraulic compressor (of their own design) which Eco-Fueler says it will be including with each of the 3-wheeled Roadsters it sells? The 1.25 GGE/hr compressor has a retail value of $3,500, but it's not clear if the unit is actually in production or has AGA Design Certification.

                Is Eco-Fuel's Roadster in production yet?

                http://www.eco-fueler.com/
                http://www.eco-fueler.com/about/our_technology.html
                BiggJohn
                -------------------
                2000 CNG Camry
                VRA Wannabe

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Alternatives to Phill?

                  Originally posted by BiggJohn View Post
                  Does anyone have information about the three stage hydraulic compressor (of their own design) which Eco-Fueler says it will be including with each of the 3-wheeled Roadsters it sells? The 1.25 GGE/hr compressor has a retail value of $3,500, but it's not clear if the unit is actually in production or has AGA Design Certification.

                  Is Eco-Fuel's Roadster in production yet?

                  http://www.eco-fueler.com/
                  http://www.eco-fueler.com/about/our_technology.html
                  Eco fueler has been promising a vehicle to the public for over 4 years. There's always one more thiing that has to be done before they can go into production. I know people that have been holding their little certificates for 4 or 5 years.

                  The last start up I invested in that operated like this company ended up with the FBI involved and a write off on my tax's. They won't sell the compressor, other than in conjunction with the car. I spoke to them about a commercial sized compressor for my station 2 years ago and it was 3 times more expensive than a standard compressor.

                  They promise great things but so far haven't delivered on a single one... they make cool cars for the auto shows though, but good luck ever getting one of their cars or compressors.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Alternatives to Phill?

                    Their web site doesn't say anything about including a compressor with the Eco-fueler. And, IT'S NOT A CAR!!! It's a motorcycle with a shell. That's how it can access the HOV lane without being on the ARB 'list' and getting stickers. $20,000 is an awful lot for a motorcycle, even with a CNG compressor.
                    02 GX
                    01 GX
                    03 Crown Vic
                    06 GX
                    Home Fueler

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Alternatives to Phill?

                      Before any one sends money to the home compressor company from the Netherlands please call me 918 665 2641. I have been waiting for almost 8 months on a pre paid purchase. Maybe I can save you some money.

                      Tom Sewell

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Alternatives to Phill?

                        One intresting note..

                        When I was doing research on conversion kits from foreign countries,one thing they always wanted to sell me was some type of home filling stations.I should of asked them for any information
                        Last edited by diesel-ongas; 05-30-2008, 12:20 AM.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X