Home Fueling - Wierd idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Fueling - Wierd idea

OK, I live in a rural area west of Tulsa where CNG isn't available for homes. Everybody is either total electric or propane.

My question is:

Is it possible to get NG delivered in a fashion similar to propane and stored in a tank on my land... and if so, would it be viable to run a home fill station from that tank, given frequent enough fills to keep minimum pressure up for the pump system?

Or am I Just out of my mind in thinking this?

I don't have any issue with continuing to fill at ONG in Tulsa daily, but I have difficulty getting enough PSI from the station at 71st & Union to make a daily round trip. I've driven over to 15th a couple of times and gotten mixed results there, although the weekends seem to deliver great fills.

Re: Home Fueling - Wierd idea

Without a gas pipeline nearby, I am sure it would be very expensive to store, and be delivered.
    BLUE 09 GX

Comment

ya, probably so. what's really sad, there is a main gas pipeline that runs right across our road. there are several like it in our area... we just can't tap into it

Comment

You can try contacting the gas company about installing a line to your house.
        BLUE 09 GX

Comment

JetBoat;

What about going LNG with a small refrigeration unit? How expensive is something like that? Just curious....

Andy-Paul

Comment

I've been told that Chesapeake Energy is supposed to be putting in about 100 new fill sites in Oklahoma over the next year or so and they are all 3600 psi. You can also call ONG about boosting the sites you frequent to 3600 psi. They've been know to put in extra tanks if they get enough calls. The only 3600 psi site I know of is in Okmulgee. We've had the pleasure of filling up there a couple of times.

Comment

I am going to move this to the Refueling Equipment Forum. Please follow it there.
              Jared.
              Mountain Green, Utah
              2003 CNG Cavalier
              2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

The natural gas utility in Jackson hole Wyoming is a stranded utility at present. Meaning the gas company has all of their natural gas delivered by truck in the form of LNG. Its ironic because they are only an hour away form the biggest gas deposits in the country. I guess it was greener to truck then to build a pipeline through the mountains until someone did the math on the diesel the trucks burn bringing the NG.

The Idaho National Laboratory also has their gas delivered via LNG tanker. they however use it to fill both CNG and LNG buses and car/trucks.

So, it is possible. Its comes in a semi-truck tanker. Like a very large thermos. Refrigerating it would be costly.

So, most small users would have to use it within a few days or You would have to have a tank large enough to hold the expanded gas.

Comment

David, If you live west of Tulsa, you might consider the Sapulpa sight by the golf course, I can almost always get 3000-3200 psi there. I don't use the 71st station because it almost always has low pressure.

Comment

Working...
                  X