New compressor for home refueling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New compressor for home refueling

My company is looking to launch our home refueling appliance and I am interested in getting feedback from the community on our specifications and price point.

The HRA we are prepared to manufacture has the following specifications:
    - 1 gge/hr (twice the Phill output)
    - Oil-free design
    - 2hp motor
    - 120V or 240V supply
    - Low noise
    - Wall mount for indoor or outdoor use

We are launching at a price point less than $3500 (plus installation) and it is manufactured and serviced in the USA.

Based on the limited info above, if you are in the market for a refueling compressor, would you be interested in purchasing this unit?

How much overall market interest would you see for this product?

Are there any specific concerns that you would need addressed?

Re: New compressor for home refueling

Certifications? CSAus?(or international) AGA?

For indoor use it needs to be certified as an appliance for indoor use.

Comment

"How much overall market interest would you see for this product?"

Kind of late to be asking that after investing a couple of million dollars that is required to engineer, build, test, and get such an applince listed for use in the U.S. Some market , however , many others have tried , and failed. Only Fuelmaker and Coltri have survived, and at much higher cost.

"Are there any specific concerns that you would need addressed?"

1. Reputation of the manufacturer . 2. How many units are in Beta test now ? 3. How many years and run hours have the Beta test units been in service ?

4. How many proven hours between failures, as proven by testing ? 5. If the unit is not presently ETL, CSA or UL listed , where in the process are you. ?

I.S.O. is a great organization , but a company stating they are ISO , doesn't mean a thing in this case as an appliance listing for north america.

I may sound very negative, but we have been through a half dozen or so companies trying for a more durable and affordable VRA, and none have suceeded.

Comment

I dont really care if it has all the certifications as long as it was a good well built unit but with no oil in it I would have no interest what so ever for it as this has been the down fall of fuelmaker just my thoughts

Comment

Well .... well .... seems like we all heard this before. The numbers seem good - the product seems to hit the main things needed but the product never materializes. Usually I'm the one questioning the claim versus the data but I see it is already being questioned.

I also tend to agree it will need the certifications. Us techies might install and use equipment that does not have the certifications but the product will never make it if it cannot be legally installed at a customer's house.

I'm not holding my breath for the $500.00 GE unit either. Show us data from something that is actually working because we have all heard the claims before and they never pan out.

Show me the data from a working unit and if it is real I'd be glad to get in line for one at that price. Saying things don't make them real.

Comment

If you have Beta test units built and running, I will lease one from you immediately for $2 per day if full maintenance is included. I would only sign a lease with a provision that suspends daily cost when the unit is out of service for repair.

Does your company have a website ?
            Last edited by Lakewood90712; 01-20-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

(read in eerie whisper voice) If you build it..... they will buy it.... If you make it bullet proof...... they will lots of them.....

Comment

Thanks for the great feedback and the interest that all of you share. I am encouraged that the specs seem to be generally in line with your expectations and demand for a solid unit exists. We will be posting when beta units are testing and the certification process begins.

Kelly

Comment

I would be interested in the home pump. Is it 3600psi?
                  David
                  2012 Cool Mist Nat Gas Civic w/ navi

Comment

Yes, it is a 3,600 psi model.

Comment

Are you looking for experienced volunteers for Beta Testing and feedback on daily perfrmance measurements? If so, I would consider it.
                      '11 Fusion Bi Fuel & FMQ2-36 VRA
                      (Former owner '09 Civic GX)

Comment

Price is still too high for your average family.

Comment

Originally posted by weetee View Post
                          Price is still too high for your average family.
                          Would a lease for $2 a day ($60 mo.) be a workable cost ?

Comment

If you can get the proper certs and keep the overall price less than $4,000 with installation, then you could sell a ton in Oklahoma...as the net costs after taxes and rebates would be $0.

Comment

come on guys if it is a good unit and I am not saying that it is. than it is worth the price just remember you get what you pay for. just go to the bank and get the money and use the money that you save to pay for it. if the money that you save wont make the payment than it is a bad deal that is smart borrowing on the other hand if you borrow money for crap tv big house toys you are out of your mind.as for a 4000 price you cant buy a new phill for that and it is a piece of crap that adds + 1 doller to the gge in cost and repair so why would you think that you could get a better compressor for less? it would be nice but it dont work that way. why do you think you need a compressor at no cost to you with the rebates in ok if you can get the rebates than add a little cash to it and buy yourself a compressor. myself I have never evan looked into the goverment rebates and stuff as this is stolen money. as the goverment can not give anything to anyone that it has not stolen from someone else
                              Last edited by cowboy; 02-01-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X