How loud is the fuelmaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How loud is the fuelmaker?

I should have a garage built by spring time and wanted to know how huch noise the differant fuealmakers made so I know if I should keep it away from the bedroom window side or not.
    GM World Class, F1 Cert
    05 Crew cab 4X4 Silverado LS
    03 Cavalier
    01 Cavalier (sold)

Re: How loud is the fuelmaker?

To me it sounds like a pool pump. Mine is mounted on a garage wall facing the rear wall of my house and I can barely hear it threw my open bedroom window, which is about 30 feet away. Our lots in Santa Monica are 50 X 150 and I have never had a complaint from a neighbor. I only use it once every two weeks or so. Gas is so cheap at the pumps I just run it to "exercise" it. When the price of cng crosses 3.5 to 4 dollars a gge I would probably use it more. My 09 is one and a half years old with 14k on it. The fueling device is a Phill.
    Last edited by scott; 08-06-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

I have the outside model FMQ-2. It sits on ground level under a wood stairway just below my second floor bedroom windows.
      With the windows closed, it is a faint humm. When open, there is slightly more sound like a pool pump or a quiet AC condensing unit.
      I sleep better with some background sound anyway. Never complaints from neighbors.

I would suggest the FMQ series - better duability, parts can be replaced, compressor heads can be rebuilt, higher capacity than the Phill, etc.
      '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
      '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
      FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

You can have a normal conversation 30' away, but not standing right next to the unit.

Comment

Not as loud as a ac unit for the FMQ models and even less for the PHILL model. The FMQ's you can add a tree or shrub to also help cut the noise out. But you'll never get a complaint from a neighbor because it's not as loud as your ac units like I said before.
          sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
          SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
          2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
          1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
          2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Phill runs at 45 decibels, quieter than most window air conditioners. If on a common wall to the house there could be some vibration transmission into the living area.

Q-2 49db
            Q-8 66db

Comment

I have an FM4 and 45db is about right. Not a problem at all -- even for an overnight fill.

Comment

Working...
              X