Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMQ2-36 Leak Issue

Hello All,
    I bought this unit used a couple of years ago and it has operated flawlessly until recently. Starting a couple of months back, I can hear (and smell, of course) gas coming out on the initial start up. It leaks for a few minutes,seals itself, and fills the car like it always did. I'm a little perplexed because leaks tend to remain the same or get worse, not fix themselves. Has anyone experienced this or have a suggestion as to what this may be?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Re: FMQ2-36 Leak Issue

Can't be of any help on this one except to tell you I have one that does the same thing. It seems like on startup, the unit has a different sound for a few seconds then changes to a sound that remains the same for ther rest of the time it is operating. It is during that initial time I get a smell of gas--like something is purging inside the unit. The gas isn't venting from the normal vent and I haven't been able to find where it is coming from. Somebody on this forum who is Fuelmaker will be able to let us all know what is going on .

Comment

Push and hold the stop button. you will get yellow, green, and red lights. Tell us if the corresponding lights are off, on, or flashing. Off = 0, On = 1, Flashing = 2. (example 120) That will tell the error code. We can proceed from there.

Is the gas smell from the compressor area? Do you use a remote panel? Auxillary panel? Single hose direct? How long is your hose?

You may have to lift the lid and use a gas sniffer to identify where the leak is. That would help a lot.

I'll check back here tomorrow to see for a response. Its late.

Comment

I had the same problem with my unit. In my case it was the o-ring in the pull-away connector where the hose plugs into the unit. It would leak at the connector until the compressor built enough pressure to seat the o-ring. I rebuilt the connector myself and replaced the o-ring. I give it a 6 at 10 on the difficulty level. There is a discussion in this forum that has more details. If you start the unit up and listen at the point where the hose plugs into the unit you should be able to hear and/or smell the leak if that is the problem. My unit also makes a different noise when it first starts up. I think that is normal.
        '12 Metallic Civic NG w/Navi
        '09 White Civic GX
        '06 White Bifuel Ridgeline
        FMQ 2-36

Comment

That is a probable culprit OKGX.

Comment

There are also o-rings in the exhaust block that went bad on me once.
            02 GX
            01 GX
            03 Crown Vic
            06 GX
            Home Fueler

Comment

Thanks for the input from all. It looks like time to get the old manual out!
              Best regards,
              Dave

Comment

Working...
              X