leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leak

Hi, I purchased a used Phill and have spent months getting it installed (permits, etc) now it shows a leak and will not fill my car.
    How do I get this fixed??? Plumber is here . . . or who do I call
    HELP

Re: leak

Stefan,

I'm not a FM expert, but they're well engineered and easily accessable to check for a leak. A soap solution still works. If it's not connected to anything it should still build pressure internally if I remember right...(always a risk).

Maybe some of the other folks can help.

Good luck,

afvman

Comment

Hi Stefan,

You are not giving much info to go on. Is it faulting? What is the error code? There are a number of us here that can help if you give us some more info.

Service in CA is GESI. You will find them in numerous posts here.

Comment

David Stubbings is taking care of tech problems, email him at [email protected]ogies.com

Gas Equipment Systems is the authorized go to company for FuelMaker's Phill in California
        The website is coming back, click on www.impcotechnologies.com/fuelmaker
        Then click on dealers for contact info!!
        Dave Clement

Comment

thank you all for your responses.
          I purchased this used and have had a plumber install it. . . it errors when we tested it- with the 2nd and 3rd (from the bottom) lights- which according to installation istructions indicates a leak. the leaks were at the breakaway points and we found them but didn't know how to fix . . . he figured out the problem, cleaned the contact points so they don't leak . . . however now when we connect to the car . . it runs for about 2 min's and shuts off with same error code. when you open the outer cover there is a valve that comes out of the sealed area (where the motor / compressor) and the smell of gas from this valve is very strong.

I need to have a "auth" person look at it . . .so if it is broken I can get my money back . . . these things are NOT cheap!
          thanks for the info . . will look up the company and have someone look at it.

Comment

The error code is an internal leak alarm. The obious gas smell is the obvious reason. If the seller had no issue with it my guess (just an opinion) would be that the inlet pipe got jammed when the installer set the machine upright for lifting or did not back up the connector when tightening the connection of the gas line. These two items are EMPHASIZED as a no-no during installer training.

Comment

I was present during the install and the plumber had read the instructions about 20 x, when they were in the process of mounting it on the wall and had to set it back down. . he told his partner- "got to set it down on it's back only" - so it was never placed on the bottom where the valves were.

Comment

Well Stefanieb,

It sounds like you better get an authorized technician to check it out.

Gas Equipment Systems is the authorized go to company for FuelMaker's Phill in California
                Go to the FM website, click on http://www.impcotechnologies.com/fuelmaker"
                Then click on dealers for contact info!!

Comment

Working...
                X