rebuild kits for fm4 3000psi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuild kits for fm4 3000psi

if you have used one of those re build kits, then what do you think of them. IE - do you think your pump works better or not and did you find you had all the parts you needed. i phoned fuelmaker supplier and thay said a rebuilt head for $800 or £500 or if thay do the work at your house the cost will be £1000. that includes time chip reset.

Re: rebuild kits for fm4 3000psi

A rebuilt head should include a reset timer chip.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

hi im new to this site so hello to every one.

hi kev think this post may be in wrong place.
      my hubby got a kit from the usa off a mate he knows over there.
      he is a engineer so has a good ider of what to do. i saw the kit it was a flat pack with all the parts showing and was new and unopend i think there was a name AVOLIN on the frount (something like that any way). hubby found one seal two big with no were to go at all also about two seals missing that should fit round piston liners also there was a small piston he could do nothing to at all as there was no rings at all in the kit. we have seen on e bay parts for sale but we think thay are over priced as you can get the parts over here. there is a fm4 head for sale on e bay for about $3000. that is realy over priced, you can get a fuelmaker rebuilt head for about £500 to £600 from a place in nottingham in the uk. as for our pump it is still slow. hope this is of some help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

he is a engineer so has a good ider of what to do. i saw the kit it was a flat pack with all the parts showing and was new and unopend i think there was a name AVOLIN on the frount (something like that any way). hubby found one seal two big with no were to go at all also about two seals missing that should fit round piston liners also there was a small piston he could do nothing to at all as there was no rings at all in the kit. we have seen on e bay parts for sale but we think thay are over priced as you can get the parts over here. there is a fm4 head for sale on e bay for about $3000. that is realy over priced, you can get a fuelmaker rebuilt head for about £500 to £600 from a place in nottingham in the uk. as for our pump it is still slow. hope this is of some help.
        Let me clear some of this up since we represent AAvolyn and GreenFuels is the exclusive distributor of this kit. If your kit wasn't purchased from us, it might not be the right kit for the head on your compressor.

The large seal 5" goes in between the head and the controls module.

If you had seals missing, you had the wrong kit for your head. There are FM4 kits, FMQ2 kits, and FMQ2.5 kits.

If your pump is slow, you very well might have installed the wrong kit.
        Also, a common people are having with slow pumps is not having clean piston sleeves. This causes the rings to wear unevenly. I have had customers send me heads that are filling slow and when we disassemble them and properly reassemble them things work fine.

Another big problem we have seen is people who have ran their pumps with just a chip reset. Eventually the piston ring wear will start to erode the ceramic coating on the piston sleeves.

As far as pricing, these are fair prices for the US. Head rebuilds are going for $1100 here and $1500 in Canada if you can wait 3 months or longer.

GreenFuels completely supports our product. Most customers with slow or partial pressure we can help fix their problem over the phone.

If you are having problems with our products, please call for support.
        (901) 438-9371

Comment

hi - im kev's mate and i know he'd want people to know this. the kit kev used was from greenfuels but one of kevs comments was ( that the person at greenfuels was very helpfull replying to every email with detailed answers each time ). the thing with kev is he just wants to know how things work and he'll keep on untill he finds out. his pump is still filling slow but i remember him saying he did't think it was the kit at fault as he liked the look of the kit and all the parts fitted well. he said it's something he dosent know but will find out. he did take a lot of photos of the head. iv replyed as kev works away a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by kev in the uk View Post
            hi - im kev's mate and i know he'd want people to know this. the kit kev used was from greenfuels but one of kevs comments was ( that the person at greenfuels was very helpfull replying to every email with detailed answers each time ). the thing with kev is he just wants to know how things work and he'll keep on untill he finds out. his pump is still filling slow but i remember him saying he did't think it was the kit at fault as he liked the look of the kit and all the parts fitted well. he said it's something he dosent know but will find out. he did take a lot of photos of the head. iv replyed as kev works away a lot.
            What we have found is that everything needs to be meticulously cleaned. Also, all the o-rings need to be completely seated. I have sold kits to compressor dealers that have been doing commercial compressors for years and they had some initial questions and complications. Everything in the install needs to be perfect or time and even top pressure can be an issue.

GreenFuels will be publishing a more comprehensive instruction manual next week that we hope will solve a lot of issues that people are having with installs.

Also, we are always here to answer questions and provide support. Our business model is to provide excellent customer support at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Hi
              I m from Europe too. Where (adress) in UK or continental Europe can get a rebuilt head for FM4 for 500-600 pounds? Thanks
              Martin

Comment

hi i think jackie may mean GAS CONTAINER SERVICES LIMITED. thay are in nottingham UK. i think they sell and rent fuelmaker pumps. id also try greenfuels rebuild kits. iv had one of the kits and also some small springs and the parts are well made. iv got a small problem with fill time but i think its somthing iv not done thats the problem, sounds like i need to clean it better.

Comment

Originally posted by kev in the uk View Post
                  hi i think jackie may mean GAS CONTAINER SERVICES LIMITED. thay are in nottingham UK. i think they sell and rent fuelmaker pumps. id also try greenfuels rebuild kits. iv had one of the kits and also some small springs and the parts are well made. iv got a small problem with fill time but i think its somthing iv not done thats the problem, sounds like i need to clean it better.
                  Based on Kev's feedback and other's, we are working on a version 2 of our installation instructions. This second version will have more pictures and a trouble shooting guide. It will be ready before the end of the month.

Dale Rosson
                  GreenFuels VP technology

Also, if any customer has issues with any of our products, we will always help over the phone or email. (901) 438-9371, [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X