Need help w/ new FMQ2-36 start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help w/ new FMQ2-36 start up

Short version...when I push the start button the FM runs for a few seconds and shuts off, showing flashing green.

Long version

This is the second FM I have started up and the fourth unit I have worked on.

The unit was purchased new in the box from Go Natural a month ago. It is a two hose unit.

I have verifed the voltage 240v and presure 10" WC (after it starts), I have removed and reinstalled the hoses ( no sound of a leak ). I connect my test manifold and push the start button, the presure runs up at a normal rate to 600-700 psi and shuts off.

I have pushed the stop button, turned off the power ...same results.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but the "service" manual is not much help.

Suggestions ?????

Re: Need help w/ new FMQ2-36 start up

Just a thought. Do you have a high flow limit valve in your gas line? They come standard on flex lines these days. I had one on mine and it would shut off the gas flow after a minute or so and then the FMQ would shut down from lack of gas pressure. I liked having it in line for safety reasons, but the flow capacity was not high enough for the fueler and I had to remove it.
    '12 Metallic Civic NG w/Navi
    '09 White Civic GX
    '06 White Bifuel Ridgeline
    FMQ 2-36

Comment

OKGX- The excess flow valve is available with differing cu/ft ratings. I had a job with a 75scf that did the same thing. I replaced it with a 125scf valve and all is well.

Alaska- A quick look at the cheat sheet for the green light flashing only (code020) says "High Pressure Transducer failure. Check HTP voltages - electronics module/controls module." If you have other lights on- then you have a different issue.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I need to go to a plumbing shop. Lowes and H. Depot didn't have larger ones.
        '12 Metallic Civic NG w/Navi
        '09 White Civic GX
        '06 White Bifuel Ridgeline
        FMQ 2-36

Comment

We have hard pipe all the way (getting changed ).

Is there a service manual that will show the voltage/test points ?

Hate to replace board on a new unit.

Comment

On page 10..... of the 'service manual' causes for the flashing green light are;

incorrect or damaged connection to veh
            gas supply shut off
            blockage of air vents
            faulty filling hose
            excessive time

Page 19 ......green light flashing caused by;

Failure of high presssure transducer

How do you tell the flashing green apart ?

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska GX View Post
              On page 10..... of the 'service manual' causes for the flashing green light are;

incorrect or damaged connection to veh
              gas supply shut off
              blockage of air vents
              faulty filling hose
              excessive time...
              Not sure how you can tell one flashing green from another, but I can add another couple possible...
              fan inoperative
              excessive ambient temperature (a problem during summer day's in AZ)

in a way these are cousins to the "blockage of air vents;" I read them "thermal shutdown"
              2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
              Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
              Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
              Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

I have a FMQ 2 3600, (purchased used) when powered up compressor runs no more then 30 sec, then shuts down. I see this problem posted and some say it might be the flow limiting restrictor valve, any other ideas. Also trying to download a manual, when i go to the download section it says I'm not autherized??? How do I download the FMQ 2 3600 manual? Any one willing to e-mail me one? ([email protected]) The electronics seem extremely complicated is it possible that there is a new/repower procedure that is suppose to be performed by a "authorized tech" to prevent jqp from improperly installing a unit.

Comment

Jschaub got it right on the other post, we changed the pipe out to 1 1/4 all the way from the meter to the 1/2 line in FMQ.

Works fine

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                  X