Phill Error: Error and bottom 2 green lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phill Error: Error and bottom 2 green lights

I have started to have problems with my Phill unit and I don't have more than several hundred hours on it. I connect and turn it on and the red error light comes on with the 2 bottom green lights. The fan continues to run. Most of the time if I disconnect from the car and push the stop button and reconnect and start it will run without problems. I just have to make sure I check to see if it is working before I go to bed; I have come out in the morning with and empty tank. It is installed in my garage and has been close to 100 this summer. Any Ideas? It is not fun to discover this at 5:30 in the morning.

Re: Phill Error: Error and bottom 2 green lights

[QUOTE=GabeO;30308]...has been close to 100 this summer...QUOTE]

I'm not a Phill user, but I've had the FMQ2-36 for over eight years in AZ... My unit is spec'd to operate up to 45C (113F), but I've found that it can do it's thermal shutdown even when the temp is ~100; the higher the ambient temperature, the shorter the unit will run before shutting off.
    I'm not sure from your description, but it sounds more like a startup issue and not something that works for a while and then shuts down when a thermal limit is tripped. Good luck
    2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
    Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
    Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
    Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

Your problem sounds just like what happens to my Phill. When this starts happening I use my air compressor to blow it out. I put the hose in the exhaust vent as far as it will go and blow it out for 2 or 3 min. This will fix the problem most of the time. You should blow it out about once a month.
      Bruce D.
      '05 Silver GX

Comment

GabO, Check this,

Blow Down Failure 00011
        • Check breakaway assembly for obstructions
          Check nozzle for obstructions
          Check vehicle refueling receptacle for obstructions and binding
          Clean/replace vehicle receptacle as required
          Replace hose and/or nozzle assembly

These are from the HRA reference card. I hope it solves your issue.

Bruce, Check that the foam pads covering the holes in the sub-cover are in place properly. Loose or missing pads will cause a 01001 or a 01111 error. 0=top light and to the right goes down the light scale.

Comment

Working...
        X