Status of FuelMaker restructure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of FuelMaker restructure?

Most of us are anxious to learn WHEN, WHERE and WHAT will be available from the new owners of former FuelMaker.
    Can anyone in the forum with an inside track provide at least a monthly update for us here? We seem to occasionally get bits and pieces from outside financial sources...
    Or is the FuelMaker product line a lost cause for the US, to now only be available in Europe leaving us destined for Clean Energy and other public fueling sources?
    '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
    '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
    FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Re: Status of FuelMaker restructure?

I'm no insider (any more), but from what I'm told:
    - production will be starting again *somewhere* in Q3 2009
    - they established a service center for North America: they do plan to continue sales there as well
    I'd also like to know if the equipment reached Italy yet.

Comment

Parts and service is up and running for the VRAs based in Sterling Heights, Michigan.

Phill service is forthcoming soon. The time frame is still blank. Common Phill parts are available online and off. When Phill service (exchange units) become available, I am sure it will be a topic on cngchat.

Production may be starting in the 3rd qtr 09 but sales ordering begins 1-1-10.

Comment

The question is will they lower the price for the fuel maker?

Comment

Originally posted by ajgiorgi View Post
          I wouldn't expect anything like that while there is still a list of orders to be produced. Probably never. They were not profitable, so reducing the margin doesn't seem like the first thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ajgiorgi View Post
            Years ago I was @ a training seminar for fuelmaker

Phil was just being introduced

the retail price was supposed to be about $2000

Look where it went too...

Comment

How about rebuilt compression modules (ie head) for fmq2-36?

Last time I talked to Fuelmaker rep, they were shipped to Salt Lake City to be rebuilt, then shipped back to VRA owner. Quoted price then was around $1,000 not counting install.

What is current status, or prognosis for near future . . . and price?

Comment

VRA compression modules are available and come out of Sterling Heights , MI.

Contact your FM dealer for price. It did rise a bit.

Comment

I just had my PHILL serviced, it took a while, but in So Cal they came and took care of it and it is now working!

Comment

The price of compressors is not likely to go down, neither is inflation.

He who hesitates waits in long lines.

Comment

I spoke with a technician with the company that bought/took over the Fuelmaker company.

He told me that they are working on a full redesign of the Phill product, especially the elimination of the required 24 month services, which "negate any savings you have gotten."

The target date for re-introduction to the market is anticipated for 3Q-2010

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by the 24 month service?? FuelMaker discontinued the mandatory 6000 hour service in Sept 2008 on new and rebuilt Phill units.
                        Dave Clement

Comment

Originally posted by Mshepcomm View Post
                          I spoke with a technician with the company that bought/took over the Fuelmaker company.

He told me that they are working on a full redesign of the Phill product, especially the elimination of the required 24 month services, which "negate any savings you have gotten."

The target date for re-introduction to the market is anticipated for 3Q-2010
                          Question:
                          Where you talking to someone at Impco (U.S.)or someone at BRC (Italy) ?

Dave is correct, the 6000 hour shutdown was removed more than 2 years ago. Any unit that was built or serviced since that time has had the 6000 hour shutdown turned off.

and,

The 3Q-2010 re-introduction date "may" be possible if everything goes perfectly, however I do question the "full redesign" statement.

Comment

Is there an exact date when the 6000h shutdown turn off happened?
                            from a particular serial number on maybe?
                            or is there a way to check on a unit if it is ON or OFF?

Comment

Originally posted by OhMyGas View Post
                              Is there an exact date when the 6000h shutdown turn off happened?
                              from a particular serial number on maybe?
                              or is there a way to check on a unit if it is ON or OFF?
                              BRC can look-up this information on their database, now the question is:
                              will they run the query and make it available to everyone on this forum?

I am on the road right now, but I should be back home early next week.
                              If BRC has not posted anything by then, I will try to look through some of my old emails and see if I can find the starting Serial Number for you.

As for checking to see if yours is turned ON or OFF, yes, it can be done if you have a copy of the diagnostic software.

Comment

Working...
                              X