• Email from GESI regarding Phill owners

Here is a email I just received about Phill service and repair:

General Engineering Contractors
    CA # A-783360

To: All California FuelMaker HRA Equipment Owners

Subject: Important News

Date: July 7, 2009

Dear FuelMaker Phill Product Owner:

You will be pleased to know that Fuel Systems Solutions purchased the assets and technology of FuelMaker Corporation. Fuel Systems Solutions through its subsidiaries BRC, Italy, and IMPCO Technologies, Inc. Santa Ana, CA. will continue to offer service and repairs for the FuelMaker HRA (Phill). Production of new equipment is expected to be announced later this year.

Our company, Gas Equipment Systems, Inc. (GESI), the oldest and largest privately held former FuelMaker, Corp. Distributor has been appointed the California Master Distributor for both the HRA and VRA FuelMaker product lines.

The new owners are in the process of relocating all the FuelMaker manufacturing and operating assets to their location in Italy. IMPCO Technologies is in the process of opening their new service center in Sterling Heights, Michigan.

Gas Equipment Systems Inc., CNG compressor maintenance department will be responsible for sales, installation and maintenance in California for the PHILL HRA product line. We are currently interviewing and signing on independent qualified field installers and maintenance organizations for the PHILL HRA throughout California. All calls for sales, installation and maintenance need to be directed to 909-466-6920 x222 or email: [email protected].

We realize that the FuelMaker, Corp. Bankruptcy was unexpected and certainly an inconvenience to all our FuelMaker product clients. We certainly appreciate your patience during the past few months.

Respectfully, Respectfully,

Kelly Crawford Larry Ozier,
    Business Development President & CEO
    GESI GESI
    -------------
    moore101
    2000 Toyota Camry CNG
    FuelMaker Phill v1.0

Latest update for Phill owners

Phill Update
    The company that bought FuelMaker, Fuel Systems Solutions, has appointed a
    California Master Distributor for Phill and it is Gas Equipment Systems
    Inc., which will be responsible for sales, installation and maintenance in
    California for Phill. Here is the contact person:

Kelly Crawford
    Gas Equipment Systems
    8753 Lion Street
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
    909-466-6920 Office
    909-466-6925 Fax

Please contact Kelly to obtain the latest information regarding Phill.

Comment

Re: Latest update for Phill owners

By the way, this is the wonderful company responsible for my station debacle here at the dealership. I wish us all luck with this one.

Comment

Re: Email from GESI regarding Phill owners

Sorry to hear, business as usual.

Comment

Re: Email from GESI regarding Phill owners

Funny about this new company and their web site, fill out their contact form and submit it, and receive an error on their page.

Try to do the same on the clean skies site

http://www.cleanskies.org/

and your request comes back undeliverable.

It surprises me how many companies that dont keep their sites up to date.

Note: Forwarded message is attached.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis View Post
            By the way, this is the wonderful company responsible for my station debacle here at the dealership. I wish us all luck with this one.
            Could you elaborate a little more? Was this the issue with ADA compliance and the inspectors?

My Phill is acting up again and needs service I left a VM for GESI and I'll report back what happens. At least they are only 2 miles from my home...
            -------------
            moore101
            2000 Toyota Camry CNG
            FuelMaker Phill v1.0

Comment

Originally posted by moore101 View Post
              At least they are only 2 miles from my home...
              Why don't you just show up with it in hand and ask to have it repaired on the spot! Kinda like you would return something to Wal-Mart ..

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Originally posted by jblue View Post
                Why don't you just show up with it in hand and ask to have it repaired on the spot! Kinda like you would return something to Wal-Mart ..

I wish I could take it up to Canada and throw it through FuelMakers window (if they still had a window).
                -------------
                moore101
                2000 Toyota Camry CNG
                FuelMaker Phill v1.0

Comment

I had ordered a public station be installed in 2007. They installed a non weights and measures dispenser and 30 gge of storage. After all this time we finally got them to come in and upgrade storage and put in a legal dispenser, something that should have been done in the first place.

Lets just say that among the station builders out there... GESI's reputation is well known. Many in the CNG arena dreaded seeing them get the contract for the FM equipment.

As far as showing up with your Phill in hand, it's not a field serviceable unit. Any repairs are most likely going to require that your unit take a vacation in Italy. Let us know how it works out.

In the past, GESI didn't want to work on the Phill. They handled only the FMQ2-36/FM4's and commercial units. They are very busy and I think it's going to be tough for them to render decent customer service with the few people they employ.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis View Post
                    They installed a non weights and measures dispenser and 30 gge of storage.
                    That's it?! 30 gge's? Why so little?

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

I was a bit unaware of the whole station building issue at the time. I started by calling Honda, who sent me to GESI (the official FM rep in CA). They came out and tried to set me up with a complete FM system. Including a 3 gge/hr compressor. I knew that this would be insufficient and managed to get them to install a 15.5gge/hr compressor.

They went with an FM8 dispenser, as FM had no W&M certified dispensers, and they didn't design the station around our targeted needs, they simply towed the Fuelmaker line and grossly under equipped me. Not to mention installing equipment (the dispencer) that I'm sure got them fined by W&M, as it did us.

Fast forward another year and a half and we finally got them back to upgrade to minimally acceptable levels of equipment to meet our needs. The compressor is still too small, and we are again looking to upgrade our storage.

Lets just say I got a $300,000 education, and I now know who not to do business with. It will be interesting to see how they handle the Phill service situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X