Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phill "Sofware Error" Issue! Help!

Posted 4 Days Ago at 11:17 PM by vmora
    I have an issue with with my Fuelmaker Phill. The error I get is the "Power" green light "on", and the "Error" red light on. The manual states is a "Software Error" and recommends to unplug the power for 1 minute for the unit to reset. Once it resets, it starts normally, it determines the how full the car's tank is, and then prior to refueling the units stops, red light turns, and the fan continues for about 4 minutes then stops. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? You may contact me via email [email protected].

Re: Phill "Sofware Error" Issue! Help!

This sounds like a problem I had with my Phill. The error started with Software Error and later changed to 'Low inlet pressure'.
    The later one came on already after powering up the unit and it would take 2-4 power cycles until I could use it again.
    Right above the gas inlet there seems to be a relay/solenoid and when I knocked on the side of the Phill it came loose and Phill would work right away (after the first power cycle)
    At the end the Unit got exchanged and I had no problems since with the new unit. That it was the solenoid or timing at which time to check for inlet pressure was never confirmed by FM, thought.

Comment

I have been having the same issue. I just recycle the unit and it rarely happens twice. It is a pain if it happens in the middle of the night and I get less than a full fill in the morning.

Does anyone know who can service a Phill in California now that Fuelmaker is no more? MY machine is now makes a strange low frequency "moan" when I start it.

Comment

Per IMPCO, Technologies Inc., I was adviced to email, or call their technical advisor David Stubbings at [email protected] / (714) 656-1264.
        Last edited by vmora; 06-09-2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny 99 View Post
          I have been having the same issue. I just recycle the unit and it rarely happens twice. It is a pain if it happens in the middle of the night and I get less than a full fill in the morning.

Does anyone know who can service a Phill in California now that Fuelmaker is no more? MY machine is now makes a strange low frequency "moan" when I start it.
          What do you mean by "recycle the unit"?

Comment

Sorry, recycle the unit sounds more technical than what I do. I turn it off, wait a few minutes, and turn it on again. That seems to work, but I don't know why I am getting the red light in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny 99 View Post
              Sorry, recycle the unit sounds more technical than what I do. I turn it off, wait a few minutes, and turn it on again. That seems to work, but I don't know why I am getting the red light in the first place.
              Thanks for the info. I am still waiting for a response from IMPCO, Technologies Inc.' Phill's technician.

Comment

Did you ever get a reply to your problem? Mine has the flashing green light and the error code that says "Calibration error" It says to unplug the unit and wait 1 min. then plug it back in. I have done this many times and it has not fixed it. Any ideas?

Comment

Which green lights are flashing or which error code are you getting?

Comment

Fuelmaker Update

Acquisition of FuelMaker Corporation Assets

On May 28, 2009, we completed the acquisition of selected assets and technology for compressed natural gas (CNG) refueling products manufactured by FuelMaker Corporation ("FuelMaker") and American Honda Motor Co., Inc. ("American Honda"), including the home refueling appliance marketed under the Phill� brand, for approximately $7.0 million in cash.

As part of the purchase agreements, we have agreed to fulfill certain FuelMaker service obligations and have assumed certain outstanding purchase orders. In an additional agreement with American Honda, MTM has made provisions to license technology back to American Honda under certain circumstances to support its natural gas vehicle activities.

We are in the process of finalizing valuations of intangible assets; thus the allocation of the purchase price is subject to refinement.

Comment

The green power light is flashing and the red error light is on. The unit is beeping and the fan is running. I have unplugged the unit several times trying to reset it. The manual says it is a " Calibration Error" and to unplug the unit for 1 min. then plug it back in and it should reset. It did not reset and keeps doing the same thing. The unit is brand new and was just installed last Friday and I have only filled my car one time and I am already getting an error. I hope someone can help me get this fixed or replaced.

Comment

You need to have the installer come back and check the unit with the programmer. There are no other lights lit? Something is out of the parameters and may be adjustable with the programmer. Any authorized Phill dealer was required to purchase a programmer.

Comment

It is the "Calibration Error" and not the "Software Error". I don't know what the difference is, but it still does not work. The green light is flashing and that indicates the Calibration error. If the green light is just on that is the Software Error. Can this be fixed with the software update device the dealer has?

Comment

With the programmer the tech will be able to view and adjust the parameters of operation. He may be able to identify the exact error causing the issue and resolve it or at least get you to the next step of diagnostics. Oscar

Comment

I called the dealer and he said he has a computer disc coming in and he will be able to use his laptop computer to connect to the Phill and see if he can fix it with software. I hope so.

Comment

Working...
                              X