fuelmaker fm4 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuelmaker fm4 issues

hi, my friend has a fm4 that he purchased a year ago.. it shows that it has less than 200 hours on the head. but we now can't fill over 120psi. it like just runs and runs and dosen't build pressure over that.. anybody have any ideas.

i think i need to rebuild the head.. does anybody have a rebuild kit for it?

thanks

Re: fuelmaker fm4 issues

Make sure there are no leaks in the hose, connector at the car or at the FM4. Because of the cooling airflow around the compressor it is sometimes hard to detect a leak. leak points are at the fuel nozzle, the breakaway device in the FM4 and also a jumper tube that runs from the distribution block (the thing the hose plugs into) back into the blowdown tank under the compressor head. All these leak points are sealed with various o-rings. If it isn't leaking, it's possible there is a bad valve in one of the stages in the compressor itself. E-mail the Canadian guy, (who posts on this site) Bob Hatton at [email protected] and see if he has a new head if all else fails.

Comment

I had the very same problem - less that 50 hours on the head and very low fill preasure. I bought the unit used from a guy who bought it used from Canada and brought it back here to sell. Gas Equipment Systems (So. Cal. Fuel Maker dealer) replaced ALL the seals & I bought a new hose. Bottom line -- the head was bad. The Manufacture warranty is a FREE replacement if under 100 hours of use (verify the # hours for free replacement with the manufacturer). I got a free head replacement. Mind you, this was in Jan. '09 -- before Honda dropped Fuel Maker. I couldn't tell you what (or if) the warranty is today. Contact a fuel Maker dealer OR the manufacture if that is still possible. Sounds like your head, though, to me. Good luck.

Comment

You most likely have a bad valve spring. We have them in stock.

greenfuelstn.com

Comment

Working...
        X