Phill question regarding lifespan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phill question regarding lifespan

Is there really an hour limit programmed into each Phill that when reached, it no longer operates, and requires you to purchase a re manufactured unit (which are no longer available)?

If so, since they are out of business, is there a fix for this?

Thank you

Re: Phill question regarding lifespan

Yes, yes, yes, maybe.
    Follow the FuelMaker thread in the forum.
    If you check your email you'll see the info for asking the new owners what they intend to do. Another option is to go to ebay (search phill) and see if there's a board available there.
    The software on the Phill is proprietary and as far as I know has not been hacked yet.
    And yes you too can be pissed.
    2009 GX
    2000 K2500
    2002 Cavalier
    1998 Contour
    Phill powered by solar power

Comment

Yes, it just stops at 6000 hours. Right now we just have to wait for FSYS. But, one intrepid user is trying to make an add-on controller work.
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

Comment

The 6000 hr limit was for testing life expectancy. Last fall FM offered the dealers an upgrade to the field programmer to turn off the hour meter. Find your dealer and see if he has the ability to perform the change. New systems were being sold with the hour meter disabled.

Comment

Do you mean Phill Installers or Fuelmaker Dealers? As I recall most Fuelmaker Dealers had nothing to do with Phill.
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

There are 3 classes of dealers, HRA, VRA and both. My understanding is the installers are only in the west if they are around at all anymore. Apparently FM had gotten away from the installer set up and went with a dealer network. I haven't paid much attention to the upgrade of the field programmer for resetting the Phill hour meter as the only ones around here won't need resetting for a long time to come. I hadn't heard a peep out of FM referring to installers and now that Impco is getting set up there is also no reference to installers.

Comment

Working...
            X