X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An alternative to FuelMaker for sale on Ebay

Here is an alternative to FuelMaker for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-C...RCHQ3aUSQ3a101

There is no picture, nor does the seller say who makes this VRA. Has anyone checked this out?
    Jared.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier
    2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Re: An alternative to FuelMaker for sale on Ebay

I've seen these things (CH4M6) being offered in Poland as well. Not sure what it is. Probably a normal oil lubricated compressor. Although the 10 year service interval could also indicate that it's powered by elfs. Noise could be a problem.

Comment

Here are the the pictures.
      http://stores.ebay.com.sg/CNGstore
      I think it's powered by gremlins. Author indicates it's a modified dive compressor.
      2009 GX
      2000 K2500
      2002 Cavalier
      1998 Contour
      Phill powered by solar power

Comment

No where on the listing to I see any indication of country of origin, UL, AGA, FMRC, ISO, or other recognized testing or certification authority, either of which would be required if it were to be sold in the US. I did see the same listing on other Ebay sites from Poland, Singapore, Germany, and other countries.

This is an indication of a strong "Buyer Beware". If it were ordered, no licensed gas fitter in the US would be able to legally install it. If anything were to happen to it, or any up or downstream device, there would be no recourse for any type of action.

Franz
        Last edited by Franz; 05-11-2009, 09:02 AM. Reason: added

Comment

Or perhaps a death wish.
          2009 GX
          2000 K2500
          2002 Cavalier
          1998 Contour

Comment

Coming this fall, the new Deathwish 2010 CNG refueler. The reliablity of a Phill with the added excitement of a unproven safety record! Think of the fun...

Comment

at least it has oil looks like a crankcase anyway it might be good unit it could not be any worse than fuel maker if they aint lieing a ten year service sounds good bit better than fuel makers 4000 hr as unhappy as most fuel maker owners have been they whould have to work very hard to make anything worse than fuel maker think oil in the crankcase could have anything to do with that it might last 10 years? and 2.5 gge per hr sounds good would work for 99% of cng users dont get me wrong I am just guessing as all I know about this is what I see on ebay

Comment

OK guys I have spoken with the Gentleman about the compressor in question and he say's that it is a import unit and will be avalible in a few months and that the ebay listing was a trial to see how much interest it would produce. Other than that I do not know any more. For My company we have released the NEW PHOENIX VERTECON CNG compressor this unit is a ideal replacement for the Fuelmaker FMQ8-36 Our unit will produce 10 GGE per hour @ up to 5000 psi with a inlet pressure of 5 psi. The unit requires 230VAC 3 phase 60 hertz and will require overhaul @ 9000 hrs. The unit sets in a foot print of 3 foot x4 foot and is a open style unit with only a belt drive gaurd. The control system is a PLC and can be set for any start pressure or stop pressure up to 5000psi.
                This Phoenix Energy Vertecon Compressor has all compliance features that arer required by a Class 1 Div2 group D locations and has a forced oil lube system that will make it LIVE. Compared to the FMQ8-36 at a price of $33,000.00 with a 3600 psi discharge and 4000 hrs before reman and 4 GGE per hour. The Phoenix Vertecon is a little higher priced but the quality of the compress pump is unmatched for the money, unit lists for $41,990.00 with a 10 to 16 week leed time for additional Info contact Phoenix Energy Corp 205-453-0241 or visit www.phoenixenergycorp.net there will be a Photo and spec sheet posted later in the Week

Comment

kudos to Phoenix Energy

Welcome to CNGchat, Phoenix1!
                  I can vouch for Phoenix Energy, Steve and his crew are well-respected CNG industry participants. Best of luck with the new compressor!

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix1 View Post
                    .. or visit www.phoenixenergycorp.net there will be a Photo and spec sheet posted later in the Week
                    Videos on a website are nice to have, but please do not force me watch it with an auto start. What is particularly annoying about your auto-start is that if someone is really surfing out your website, every time they return to the home page, guess what? yeah. Your video starts playing for the millionth time ...

I think you would be better off embedding this the same video in your website via youtube.com and letting a visitor choose to view it instead of advertising for yellowpages.com. They do not do anybody any favors, except help empty unsuspecting business owners pockets by forcing them to buy a larger ads if they want to continue to advertise with them.

I also think it is telling that part of the URL to embed the video in other websites is:

http://www.yellowpages.com/info-BS.....

I do, however, really like your logo. Good logo's are tough to design and I do not think you could have done any better.

The circular nature of the logo reminds me of US Gov seals:

http://www.plaquesandpatches.com/ind...=index&cPath=4

Perhaps you could use the style, but not the colors, of the DHS seal and circle the words "Phoenix Energy Corporation" around the your blue flamed Phoenix. Could make for a sweet looking patch ..

--edit: The photo galleries are super cool, but could use revamping. Clicking the back button just to get to another picture is time consuming and I particularly do not want to view seven pages where every, single picture is chore to view. Once you are in a gallery, the clicking should be next, next, next, next. Also, there is no text describing what we are seeing. What is the point of looking at pictures if you cannot tell your story with them and sell yourself? You already have a captive audience ..

Well designed websites are suppose to flow ... hopefully you did not pay a lot money for this.
                    Last edited by jblue; 05-12-2009, 12:09 AM.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

$42k ? Is this aimed at residential use? Seems like compressor prices are only getting higher, pretty soon nobody will be able to afford 'em.

Comment

sounds good it still sounds pricey as 42000 for 9000 hr at 10 gge still leaves you at close to 50 cents per gge not including power and oil changes not that I will bitch about the price of oil as much asI bitch about compressers with out oil LOL good luck with your compresser

Comment

Ouch. And I thought the Phill was high priced. I'd rather burn wood.
                          2009 GX
                          2000 K2500
                          2002 Cavalier
                          1998 Contour

Comment

Originally posted by ijustride View Post
                            $42k ? Is this aimed at residential use? Seems like compressor prices are only getting higher, pretty soon nobody will be able to afford 'em.
                            I don't know of too many residences with 3 phase power as is required to power this compressor. This is aimed at small fleet use.

Comment

Originally posted by ijustride View Post
                              Exactly. Id rather fill up at a station. Too rich for my blood. It's more expensive than the car. lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X