Eco-Fueler is on its way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eco-Fueler is on its way.

The amazing thing is that they've been hyping their car and compressor for years now.. and just now they make the 'resolution' to START THE PROCESS of making it ready for production.
    1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
    2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

The dream of every Shadetree Mechanic , to have "Investors" fund the hobby of building custom cars ( Uh , I mean motor tricycles with a fiberglass body), even if never going into production . Count me in. When do I get my first paycheck.

Comment

I didn't see anything on their website about their home refueling device or how to become a dealer for it. Did I miss something?

Also, please REPLY with any other companies making home refueling stations. It just doesn't make sense that a little hydraulic cylinder operated by an electric motor ( I guess) should cost $2,000. The technology can't be that complicated. People have been compressing gases for 50 years..............so there should be some available patents that have expired.

Comment

Two things make it expensive -- 3600psi and Natural (combustible) Gas. Other things contribute -- low inlet pressure and liability insurance.
          02 GX
          01 GX
          03 Crown Vic
          06 GX
          Home Fueler

Comment

UL or equal certification with confirmatory testing can cost up to half a mill, especially with a relatively new device with no VRA track record. Its not a matter of scale of size, each iteration has to be certified. No insurance underwriter will issue a blanket liability policy on an unproven product.

They have to sell a lot of units to justify the testing.

Case in point; I am a partner to a patent on a product. I wanted to sell it to ****, but before they would accept it, I had to do 10 confirmation tests, without fail. If any single test failed, the entire sequence had to be restarted. EACH test was $30,000.00, pass or fail. This was after developmental research and other non-baised testing was performed. I have chosed not to participate in the tests. My total sales would not equal the monies expended on development and certification.

Ouch.

Franz

Comment

You send eco-fueler an e-mail, and it gets returned undeliverable, mailbox overflowing.

Obviously they dont pick up emails, questions, or reply to anything.

Pretty sad.

Maybe some of those emails have a way for them to get money, or not.

But if they do this with customer requests, just imagine how they will be when you buy a unit, and need service.

Comment

Try this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware . It just may provide some insight . I don't think they are trying to cheat anyone , but how about ECO FUELER having a beta test VRA at an alternative energy event.
                Last edited by Lakewood90712; 07-12-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X