c3 issues, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c3 issues, please help

hi, i have a c3 that i purchaced a year ago, still can't get it to run i purchased another hose and breakaway port due to the new faulty hose and breakaway hose i purchased from a fuelmaker dealer, i got the leak fixed.
    it errors out after a a few minutes with a 0 1 0 code,, leak in the system.. i have no leaks, the car fuels fine on other fuelmakers on the same line. it also doesn't purge pressure out of the line back to the dump tank, does this sound like the board?

i have 14 in wc not running and 12 in wc running on the line.

we put a fm4 in place of it and it fills the car fine, so its not the truck or the incoming pressure like people have been telling me for a year... after $2000.00 worth of hoses and breakaways i need help.

the c3 has less than 200 hours on it too.

thanks

Re: c3 issues, please help

Unfortunately, this error could indicate that one or more of the 3 modules need replacing. Electronics module, Control module or Compressor module.

Have you gone through the diagnostics listed for a 101 error?
    -run C3 with gas supply turned off (should shut down within 1 minute with 101 error.) If it doesn't shut down within one minute, fit new control module.

-run C3 connected to a test kit,... should fill to 3000 psi within 10 minutes
    if not then replace compresssor module.

If fault continues,... replace electronics module.

Good Luck !!
    CDNCNG
    2004 Ram 1500 dual fuel 5.7 Hemi
    2001 Ram 3500 cargo 5.2 Dedicated

Comment

Originally posted by afalk View Post
      <snip>... it also doesn't purge pressure out of the line back to the dump tank, does this sound like the board?...</snip>

thanks
      how do you get the hose disconnected when the pressure is not vented?

is 010 the only error code you get, i.e. the C3 will store up to 5 sequentially accessible error codes. often the second error code is more diagnostic than the first.

Comment

i have to loosen the two allen bolts that hold the sleave around the quick disconnect and vent the pressure there..

how do you see the next error codes?

thanks

Comment

when fuelmaker stops for error either the green or red led should flash. flashing red is serious flashing green can be reset. the flashing green or red led is not itself an error code. to read the error code you press and hold the stop button. this will light all leds briefly so you know they all work and then display the first error code. you should not release the stop button. instead press the start button and the next error code, if any, will display. You can continue this for as many as 5 error codes. When all three leds flash you have reached the end.

Comment

You have a couple of options to vent the pressure:

a) If you turn off all of your tanks and run the engine on CNG until it runs out,... the pressure in the line will be reduced and you should be able to dis-connect from the vehicle. (I did this once on a Dodge conversion,.... not all systems may be plumbed this way)

or

b) grab the hose and pull until it releases from the disconnect on the VRA. You will get a quick blast of gas and you can now disconnect from the car.
            (okay,... this one is kind of scary,... but if you are in a hurry,...)
            Pull straight up on the hose and do not wrap the hose around your hand as this may kink the hose.

It is a good idea to test the disconnect once in a while anyways. You want to make sure the hose has not seized in the VRA.
            CDNCNG

Comment

According to my Fuelmaker Technical Training Manual in the 'Error Diagnosis' section your should follow these actions for an 010 code:
              Press and hold stop button
              if error code 010 appears check connection at vehicle, is it properly connected?
              if no - connect nozzle properly and retest
              If yes, is electronics programmed for the correct total vehicle cylinder volume?
              if no program electronics module. (if greater than one tank turn on dip switch #1. All others dip switches should be in the off position.
              if yes, start VRA and test for leaks in high pressure system. ( we use Windex)
              Is there any leaks?
              if yes fix and retest
              if no, turnoff gas supply and start VRA
              VRA should shut down within 1 minute displaying a 101 code.
              Did VRA shuit down within 1 minute?
              if no, replace compression module
              if yes, turn on gas suply and check test cylinder fill time. The test cylinder is a 1 litre unit and shoud fill in 13 minutes or less.
              Did cyllinder fil time exceed 13 minutes?
              if yes replace compression module
              if no, replace electronics modue. and retest.

We found that if the unit does not blow down when completed, yes pull out the hose from the staubli (breakaway); gas will vent into the air. Usually the actuator in the control module is defective and control module should be replaced.
              We find that pulling out the hose from the brreakaway and squirting some WD 40 into the breakaway lubricates the spring and other components in the breakaway. The hose should pull out with 37 piunds or less of force.

hope this helps [email protected]

Comment

i recieved and installed a new module, i am testing now... hope for the best.

Comment

hi, i received the control module, good thing it charged the vehicle and then shuts down.

bad hing is that when it purges the line it starts to fill the canister for a second and then it purges out the vent on the left of the gas inlet. then it flashed a blinking red...

you can reset the pump and run it again and it does the same thing.

any ideas?

it filled the truck just fine, even faster than the fm4 i swapped to get a comparision.

Comment

The good news is that we have discovered what the original problem with your C3. Bad news is that I shipped a defective control module. Replacement control module (tested this time) with be shipped shortly with my apologies.

Thanks
                    Brian
                    CDNCNG

Comment

doh,,, i was wondering...

at least it proves no leaks at all, huray, everybody was telling me i had a leak, it must be a leak, your truck leaks, your brains leak..

thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X