Re: Trouble with Phill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trouble with Phill

I'm sure you tried this, but I've had error's that the only way I could clear them was to unplug the PHILL for about ten seconds. Dennis ... From: Julian

More...

Trouble with Phill

Hi, I have an error light coming on my Phill and the apparent error seems illogical. The error code indicates low voltage, but I measured the voltage at 122

More...

Comment

Ideally you are still under the mfg 12 mo warranty. You can contact Fuelmaker at 866-697-4455 and ask for tech support. They may be able to talk you through

More...

Comment

Fuelmaker's solution to almost any problem is to write a check for $2000 + shipping + installation for a refurbished unit, as the Phill is so incredibly

More...

Comment

Suggestions: 1. Recheck ALL elect connections (Hot, Neutral, Ground) from the breaker panel to the Phill unit. 2. Carefully connect the voltmeter to the unit,

More...

Comment

Just another reason to go with a FMQ2-36. Mine stopped preasurizing at 5300 hours. Now it sits on my office wall as an orniment. It does come in handy since FM wants about $1000 for a display model.

Just curious of those of you that are leasing the PHILL does FM take care of problems like this? I know when you buy one and are out of warranty you are on your own.
            sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
            SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
            2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
            1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
            2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Hi Julian, Just wondering if you have gotten your PHILL issues straightened out? Dennis ... From: [email protected]

More...

Comment

Hi Natural Gas experts! We have a possible hose leak with our Phill, after 2400 hour of service. We purchased it in 2009, Phill went out of business and now Mansfield Gas in Southern California is the only place we can get it serviced from, or that is what we hear from our local Honda dealer. When I contacted Mansfield, they told me I would pay 6 hours of travel time when they are in Northern California for one week a month at $300, then two hours of labor for $100 an hour, then the two parts they thought it might be were around $200 each. I don't have a problem paying for the parts or even an hour of labor because I think it's a quick fix with the hose, but the $300 travel time really gets me because they will already be in Northern California. I am in Sacramento, and I need my Phill fixed! Does anyone know anyone who comes out and diagnoses these things and fixes them? At this point, I am so tired of driving to PG&E M-F from 7 to 5 to get my car filled and it doesn't even compress it as much as my Phill did, that I'm really to get rid of this car! Grrrr!!! There has to be someone in the Northern California area that services these units, right? Or am I just up a creek?

Comment

Hi, The first thing you should do is start the machine with the nozzle NOT connected to anything. If it fills the hose and shuts off normally then the leak is at the car receptacle and you need to replace the Oring inside the car connection. (receptacle)

If it doesn't pass the test (hose leak error) without being connected, then pull the breakaway apart. It is the black bump looking fitting in the yellow hose. It will take a fair amount of pull to separate the breakaway but it will pull apart. (get a tough guy to help if needed, it will go back together much easier) Then start the machine again. It will run through the normal fill and shut off as usual. If you still get the error, then it is time to have a service person investigate as it may be an internal leak in the hose or elsewhere in the machine.

Hope this helps to figure out if you really need a technician to service it.

Comment

Working...
                  X