• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ajgiorgi
    replied
    Re: Is $5,500 good for a FMQ2-36

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
    You could always buy it and sell it on ebay for $8,000 or so based on the last few sales. Do it twice and you've got yourself a free FMQ2-36!
    SHHHHH.........don't let the secret out. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Adrian
    replied

Originally posted by pdlglm View Post
    Nearest dealer is in Birmingham Alabama. I've got an e-mail out to them and will see what they say.
    You could always buy it and sell it on ebay for $8,000 or so based on the last few sales. Do it twice and you've got yourself a free FMQ2-36!

Leave a comment:

• pdlglm
    replied

Originally posted by freedml View Post
    It's a great price. Probably already gone. Check to see where the nearest FM dealer is and how much a compressor swap costs.
    Nearest dealer is in Birmingham Alabama. I've got an e-mail out to them and will see what they say.

Leave a comment:

• freedml
    replied

It's a great price. Probably already gone. Check to see where the nearest FM dealer is and how much a compressor swap costs.

Leave a comment:

• pdlglm
    replied

Originally posted by CNGfamily View Post
    Probably a fair price in today's market. You'll want to know as much as you can about the unit, how old it is, how many hours are on the unit (count on a ~$1K cost for a rebuilt compressor to give you another 4000 hours). Note also that there could be other maintenance items to consider. I just had to spend over $700 to get a rebuilt fill valve (my fill valve developed a slow leak and that is the going rate for one small part on the unit; ours was purchased new 7 years ago and has close to 7000 hours on it, original 3000 plus we're almost thru our first rebuilt compressor)
    Thanks, I have sent an e-mail and with follow up with those type questions.

It seems the install should be a pretty easy process (mot much regulation of this type thing in West TN) if I can find a fueling unit. Guess I could get a Phill as those seem to be easier to find, but the stories on this site have me afraid to go that route.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska GX
    replied

Maybe, if you got that number from Phx Energy in GA website, they do not have any available. They come and go mostly go, the best price I have found is $8,800 plus installlation for a new unit.

I'm ordered my GX today, waiting for an arrival date.

Leave a comment:

• CNGfamily
    replied

Probably a fair price in today's market. You'll want to know as much as you can about the unit, how old it is, how many hours are on the unit (count on a ~$1K cost for a rebuilt compressor to give you another 4000 hours). Note also that there could be other maintenance items to consider. I just had to spend over $700 to get a rebuilt fill valve (my fill valve developed a slow leak and that is the going rate for one small part on the unit; ours was purchased new 7 years ago and has close to 7000 hours on it, original 3000 plus we're almost thru our first rebuilt compressor)

Leave a comment:

• pdlglm
    started a topic Is $5,500 good for a FMQ2-36

Is $5,500 good for a FMQ2-36

That has been rebuilt by a dealer to factory specifications?

I am thinking about getting a CNG vehicle, but live in Tennessee and will only be able to fuel at home. So I want to make sure that I can get an affordable unit installed before I even begin to look seriously at cars. I have seen one offered for this price and wonder if that's reasonable.
Working...
X