FMQ2-36 on Ebay WAY OVER BID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMQ2-36 on Ebay WAY OVER BID

Check this out the guy auctioned off an FMQ-2-36 for $8600 when a new one can be bought for cheaper through the honda/fuelmaker fleet program.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290238056188

Re: FMQ2-36 on Ebay WAY OVER BID

Originally posted by in_cognito View Post
    Check this out the guy auctioned off an FMQ-2-36 for $8600 when a new one can be bought for cheaper through the honda/fuelmaker fleet program.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290238056188
    You're right...but it has to be a fleet purchase. Not everyone has a business and a corresponding fleet... and then I'm not sure if one would have to use a "certified installer" with a new purchase. Not dealing with that is worth at least $2000 to me. I can't stand paying some guy $2000 for 2-3 hours worth of work.
    Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
    Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
    Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Comment

Even if you had a business they wont sell you a pump except through a dealer , so you cant install yourself. So as much as people want to expand the use of CNG in the states, Fuelmaker wants no part of it. If it was concidered an appliance like I keep reading then you could just buy one, but its not. Anyway thats why people get the prices they do on Ebay.

Comment

The dealer I am buying my FMQ from will let you or your electrician/gas man prep the installation. Then the dealer will charge a couple of hours of tech time to "Bring up" the machine. It sounds very reasonable.

The Phill installers are another thing all together. I am 3 weeks from when they came to check the site, I still have not heard from them.

Comment

Is there any alternative to fuelmaker in the works? What do they use in other countries?

Comment

The VRA's are not near as restrictive on installation as the Phill HRA's, but a Phill is going to pump gas inside an enclosed space. If I was the manufacturer I would be very cautious too. I think most gas appliances come with a reccomendation that a qualified trade do the installation.
            Sometimes paying for a few hours of work for someone who is practiced in what he is doing is worth more than a couple days worth of do it yourself struggles and then you still bear all the liability too.
            Just an observation and I have no clue what the trades ( or installers ) are doing in California.
            John L, Have you tried to purchase a FuelMaker from us?
            Last edited by cngaz; 06-18-2008, 06:08 PM.
            Dave Clement

Comment

Dave, no I havent tried to purchase a VRA from you, but you would be the first I would ask if or when I would need one. I called you both times I needed a rebuilt compressor. John

Comment

I saw this and was amazed as well, it was at $6800 or something the last time I looked before it ended.

Comment

I have an FM-4 in use that I bought on e-bay last feb. So far it has been working just fine, but I know eventually it's going to need a scheduled overhaul. Does anyone know if I can upgrade my 2300 hour service interval to a 4000 hour service interval, and is it much more expensive than if I were to just overhaul the 2300 hour twice?

Joe

Comment

I spoke with the technician from Fuel Maker in Murry UT on 6/25/08. I had the same question and he told me that the FM-4 can't be upgraded to 4000 hours like the FM-2 series units. The price FM-2's are going for now, you can have the head overhauled several times.

Comment

I'm sure that if they wanted to they could but they want you to buy a newer FM2 series. That just normal business.
                      John

Comment

I have never filled my 3600 psi ford with a fmq 2-36 before, but the fm-4 gets the fuel gauge right up to the full mark every time. I usually drive110 to130 miles per day and it takes about 9 hours for a fill up and I use between 900 to 1100 cubic feet of gas per day.I have heard if you increase the inlet prassure from 7in. to12in. water column it will speed up the fill time. Does anyone know if this is true? Joe

Comment

Working...
                        X