PHILL in Nevada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHILL in Nevada

i just had a conversation with matthew at petroleum service & maintenance in las vegas. we were discussing the installation of a refueling unit at my home in las vegas. matthew informed me that the state of nevada has not yet approved PHILL for use in a home environment. fleet use has been approved but not individual use.

the process to approve PHILL for individuals is underway but matthew has no idea when it may be approved. if, and when, it is approved the cost will be $11,000 not including installation. whew, it will take a lot of driving at current prices to justify that cost.

tom

Re: PHILL in Nevada

Phill has national approval as a gas appliance FOR HOME USE when installed according to the manual, just as every heater, water heater and gas range does. The major appliance manufacturers don't have to get every model approved state by state, they just get this approval. I just got a permit to install an appliance, had it installed, and the inspector signed it off when he saw the approval seal on the manual.
    Last edited by freedml; 04-22-2008, 10:55 AM. Reason: ADDED FOR HOME USE
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

hmmm, so if i could find someplace to buy a phill, i could have it installed with no hassles? that would change things considerably.

Comment

I think I would call back and check for sure what model of FuelMaker he was quoting you. That price sounds like a new FMQ2-36.
        Dave Clement

Comment

Installing a HRA....you may also qualify for a $1000 federal tax credit.

Comment

Call Fuelmaker at (866) MY-PHILL and tell them you wish to buy a Phill unit. Speak to AJ or Patricia. The $1000 federal tax credit is automatic and can be used in the year that the unit is placed into service (only). Let us know what they say.

Comment

Ah, getting Fuelmaker to sell one to you -- that will be a lot harder.
              02 GX
              01 GX
              03 Crown Vic
              06 GX
              Home Fueler

Comment

if the unit is approved in every state, how come my city still didn't give me a permit, three months after my install. i am getting killed here with high gas prices - over baseline - and PHILL doesn't care. they sold the unit. done.

Comment

I think Fuelmaker cares about getting the units installed and working. They're certainly less concerned about 'dotting the Is and crossing the Ts' when it comes to getting your gas rate lowered. They didn't tell me about getting Gas Co. pre-approval before installing my Phill and offered to buy it back (including installation costs) if the installation was denied.

What city are you in?
                  02 GX
                  01 GX
                  03 Crown Vic
                  06 GX
                  Home Fueler

Comment

I know of one Phill thats been installed in Nevada for some time.
                    The price does not sound right, I would call FuelMaker direct and ask.
                    If there is an approval problem, FuelMaker will get involved.
                    Dave Clement

Comment

I don't know the politics, but the local Fuelmaker dealer didn't want to install my Phill (which was sold directly to me by Fuelmaker, not through the local dealer, and shipped directly to the authorized installer).
                      02 GX
                      01 GX
                      03 Crown Vic
                      06 GX
                      Home Fueler

Comment

One thing I need to point out is that not all Fuelmaker dealers are Phill dealers or installers, its like Chev & GMC, both belong to GM.
                        Not all FuelMaker dealers signed on to participate in the Phill program since the larger equipment is more profitable.
                        If there is any question, I would call and talk to Jeff Harju in marketing at Fuelmaker. 1-866-myphill. or [email protected] There is only one Phill installer in Nevada.
                        Dave Clement

Comment

The most common reason for for a city not approving a home fueling unit is the Fire Department. We went through this the City of Long Beach. Those that live in the City of Orange know about it also. On the roll out of the Phill is So. Cal. They had meet and greet at the AQMD. I was truly amazed at the reaction from the fire officials they acted like people wanted to instal a nuclear reactor in their garage.

Comment

Working...
                          X