needed info on Bowgen compressors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needed info on Bowgen compressors

Anyone got some information or working knowlege of Bowgen compressors out of Springfield MO. I can't pull up any web site, perhaps they are defunct, does anyone know if they are still around? Any background nfo on the compressors, eg. quality part availability, issues to watch for, etc.

Re: needed info on Bowgen compressors

Bridger,
    As far as I remember, Len Bowgen (father) passed away and left the business to his son who didn't seem too enthused about carrying on the family business.
    Most of the systems I've seen were repackaged either Bauer or Ingersoll compressors. The last ones I saw for sale were rebuilt Ingersoll H20 or H25 units.
    Hope this helps.
    Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

They have close completly now, Their CNG station is Closed as well. Len Bowgen was my first customer.

Comment

Ok, Thanks Hal

I thought they looked like IR cases on the compressors, but still have Bowgen placards on them with part number 5522 and 5540. So were they enegineered, based off IR or Bauer designes eg. cases, cranks, rods, ect. similar to a colt 1911, where lots of manufactures made them and parts were mirror copies the orginal 1911

Comment

I have 4 26 cfm and one 56 cfm,and my two techs went to spingfield for training years back. They are based on IR compressor. What do you need help on have O & M manuals could scan a few pages of what you need. We rebiuld with IR parts from TGT or P C Mckenzie.

Comment

Curious whether the son (think his name is David Bowgen) still keeps the Springfield, MO site running enough to cover a dedicated cng vehicle in a pinch??

I went through Springfield, MO about a year and half ago with Civic GX and Mr Bowgen (son) helped me out as I had called ahead and scheduled my stop.

Any new info?
            Last edited by cngacrossusa; 09-05-2010, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Have downloaded Bowgen manual to library for everyone.

Comment

Was trained by Len.What is the info you look for.The company I used to work for owned or serviced 40 compressors. Steve

Comment

Working...
                X