Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need information on filling my fleet

Hello...

I'm in Connecticut and am exploring the possibility of converting a small fleet to cnc (20 cars). I've found all the information regarding the conversion of the autos on this site, but can't seem to find what I need for an on site filling station.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have a natural gas line to my building already, and have no idea where to go from here. What do I need, and how much can I expect to pay? I'm sure the information is here somewhere, but I'm having trouble deciphering it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Re: Need information on filling my fleet

There are a number of companies that package systems for your size fleet which don't depend on Fuelmaker products. I suggest you start with GESI in California 909-466-6920.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

This new compressor is likely just the size you need:
      http://www.phoenixenergycorp.net/vertecon.html

Ask for Steve at Phoneix Energy and they can help you with storage and a dispenser to match their compressor.

I also know that Dave at (CNGAZ on this forum) had a mini fast-fill Fuelmaker station at one time (8 gge per hour compression capability with storage and dispenser), never used and still on the original pallets. This would also be the right size for 20 cars. His web site is www.cngaz.com

Good luck!
      Last edited by John Mitton; 06-08-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Harry the size of compressor you need for time fill ( slow fill) can be figured easy with a calculator on the trillium sight below. You need to know how many gallons you currently use per day, if you dont use full tanks every day you can get by with filling every other day or once per week cuts down the number of filling posts needed. Putting a fast fill adds alot of cost to your station. Any more questions PM me I,m working on my third station right now hope to be up and running by september.http://www.trilliumusa.com/calculator.php

Comment

Harry,
          I sent you a PM about affordable station packages we have available. Where in CT are you? We'll be driving thru CT in a week or so and would like to talk to you about your needs.

ccgas,
          September... cool. Hope that Ariel package worked out well for you. Should make a good dependable station. I hated to see it go.
          Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

cnghal- This is David Bowgen of Bowgen Fuel Systems out of Springfield, Mo. I read a post you wrote and wanted to clarify. I am Len Bowgen's only son and was deeply saddened to not have the opportunity to carry on my fathers business. But the rest of family left in charge had no interest and wanted to sell it off. I have nothing left but the knowledge my Dad instilled in me and would be happy to help anyone in need. My number is 417-773-3370

Comment

In your area I feel safe referring you to http://airgastechnologies.com/. If you have any questions on station design or any other issues feel free to contact me. I no longer work in the business and have affiliation with anyone so no axes to grind. That being said there is a vast wealth of knowledge available through this board and most of the suggestions and contacts already given are a good place to start. Good luck and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbowgen View Post
                cnghal- This is David Bowgen of Bowgen Fuel Systems out of Springfield, Mo. I read a post you wrote and wanted to clarify. I am Len Bowgen's only son and was deeply saddened to not have the opportunity to carry on my fathers business. But the rest of family left in charge had no interest and wanted to sell it off. I have nothing left but the knowledge my Dad instilled in me and would be happy to help anyone in need. My number is 417-773-3370
                David,
                Welcome to the site. It's good to hear you are still interested in the business and found this site. I can now understand the unhappiness I felt the last time I talked to you at your place in Springfield. You are for sure a welcome addition to this site and I look forward to your participation in the future.

Any thoughts of carrying on your dad's work and name as your own company? The market seems to be picking up lately and with the extentions of tax incentives, there may be some good opportunities out there for packaging/repackaging and maintaining systems.
                Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Working...
                X