X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Closed Thread re: illegal kit}

If you are wanting CNG conversion kits;
    {reference to illegal product removed by moderators}

All GM, Ford, Nissan, Toyota, Honda; Any 4,6,8 Cylinder Engine; Foreign/ Domestic makes and models available.

Note: These are not EPA/C.A.R.B. Certified..
    Last edited by travisnj; 02-28-2008, 04:52 PM.

Re: CNG CONVERSION FOR: Chevrolet / Fiat / Ford / Honda / Mitsubishi / Nissan / Toyot

So why not post it?

Comment

Re: CNG CONVERSION FOR: Chevrolet / Fiat / Ford / Honda / Mitsubishi / Nissan / Toyot

Yes. That's kind of weird.

Why the secret

Comment

The kit will need to have EPA certification if you want to license the vehicle in the United States (and CARB certification if California).

I am going to move this thread over to the Conversions forum, please follow it there.

Comment

All these kits I have seen don't include the tank or cylinder Where do you buy the cylinder for cng? why is this a secret???

Comment

the tanks and brackets in the pictures don't appear to be DOT certified. Are they?

Comment

Has anyone bought the kits from the site yet? Please discuss your experience. Thanks.

Comment

When I go to the website: {reference to illegal product removed by moderators} and attempt to email them my email is returned. When I call their phone number I get a recording telling me to go to their website. When I goggled their address I got a residential area which was not anything resembling manufacturing area. They have a link to order kits but I am starting to wonder if this website is a scam. Can anyone validate this company. I guess I need to call the Kansas City BBS.

Comment

I actually received a call from a rep from {reference to illegal product removed by moderators} yesterday. He sounded quite knowledgeable about CNG conversion but when I attempted to call the number given at the website it appeared that the phone number was not working. He said he was a rep for {reference to illegal product removed by moderators}. I was interested in the kit. Does anyone know anything about {reference to illegal product removed by moderators}

Comment

Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
                    The kit will need to have EPA certification if you want to license the vehicle in the United States (and CARB certification if California).

I am going to move this thread over to the Conversions forum, please follow it there.
                    If you already have a car registered, how would they ever know? During a smog check, just run it on gasoline and no one will ever be the wiser...

Comment

So, does anyone know about this company or their product? Anyone know of another source for cng conversion parts?

Comment

These kits from South America will likely never get EPA certification as they have no connection to the on board diagnostics (OBD2). There doesn't seem to be any requirements for a qualified installer to be involved. These are just like the kits in the 90's that screwed up people's cars and gave the whole alternative fuels movement a black eye.

From the tone of the above posts I think the seller has been discredited enough so I am going to close this thread. Once the opening poster notifies us that the kits are able to be sold legally in the United States we will re-open the discussion.

http://cngchat.com/index.php?pid=9#furtheringillegal

Comment

Working...
                        X