Re: New fuel tank technology.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New fuel tank technology.

I saw the g-tec site. is anyone using these ANG tanks to fumigate their diesel or run 100% CNG? I want to purchase a fumigation kit for my Duramax and use the G tec tanks. Anyone know if this is a good or bad idea? I also dig the refueling appliance.

I've moved this to a more appropriate location, so follow the answers here.

To answer your question; to my knowledge there is no CARB certified kits for this application in CA. Since deisels will have to be smogged starting in 2010, it's not a good idea to do an illegal conversion. There are kits out there, but they are for "off-road" applications only and will specify this fact. It's too bad really, the gain in performance, gas mileage and emissions reduction kinda makes it seem desireable. Any such modification would also void any factory, or extended, warranty you may have left. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Anyone else have any input?

Comment

There are NO dual fuel fumigation kits currently certified by either the EPA or the ARB, in either CNG or LPG use. The only system that came anywhere close was the Cat dual fuel system, but that was not sold as a kit package, only OEM.
      My contact at the EPA in Ann Arbor has said that they have screened several applications but have rejected them because of dubious claims and no concrete testing data.
      Anyone who installs one of these is doing it for power purposes as there is NO effective emission reductions, regardless of what is read on the internet.
      You are adding hydrocarbons to hydrocarbons (fuel to fuel) and a lower BTU fuel, resulting in a power increase at the cost of emissions.

Franz

Comment

Working...
      X