2009 Ford Focus Conversion Bids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Ford Focus Conversion Bids

I just purchased a 2009 Ford Focus with 2.0L engine. I am looking for bids on getting my car converted to CNG. How might I find CNG converters to get a bid to get the conversion done. I am willing to drive great distance to get it done if the price warrants the distance.
    Bob Baldwin
    2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
    2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Re: 2009 Ford Focus Conversion Bids

Altech-Eco, TransEco Energy & NC-CNG are dedicated to the development and growth of alternative energy for the transportation sector. We promote a cleaner and healthier environment by utilizing only EPA or CARB approved CNG, LNG or LPG conversion systems for vehicles. We are located in Asheville, North Carolina.

Altech-Eco is registered with the EPA as a Small Volume Manufacturer (SVM). Altech-Eco engineers, develops and certifies alternative fuel conversion systems for vehicles. Below is a list of cng conversion system we are currently working on or have certified.

Altech-Eco Conversion Systems are produced by Altech-Eco and are not a Ford Motor Company manufactured product.

http://www.transecoenergy.com/pages/FordFocus.htm

Comment

Lancer Automotive in Salt Lake does the Ford Focus conversions as well. 801-268-8863
      www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

I see there is a list here in the forum that was started. What if I started a place to view CNG installers/converters and the type of vehicles that they convert so that those that want to get a CNG vehicle or get their own vehicle converted can find the services want? Maybe there is such a site?
        Bob Baldwin
        2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
        2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

Here is a start. What do you think?

CNG Services

Still needs to be more complete and more research on each service provider but it may be helpful.
          Last edited by BobBaldwin; 10-01-2009, 09:39 PM.
          Bob Baldwin
          2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
          2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

Ronnie at CleanFuelConversions in Austin is your closest installer. His daily driver(s) are the Altech-Eco Focus and NaturalDrive Silverado. They are moving into a nice facility soon and I highly recommend his work & expertise.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words John.

As mentioned in the previous post, we do offer the Focus conversion at our facility in Austin. Just give me a call and I'll provide pricing and answer and questions you might have. Would also be happy to let you drive my Focus to see how you like it.

Ronnie Oldham
              CleanFuel Conversions
              512-289-9799

Comment

Bob, Richy with Preferred Service CNG here, I second what John Mitton posted. Ronnie would be your best guy to do the conversion. Because of his experience with converting the Focus and him being the closest conversion shop to you. We also convert the Focus here in Oklahoma City,(but we're not willing to bid against him on the job, we consider him an ally) and Ronnie is the one who got us interested in the CNG Focus.

Comment

We as a follow installer of EPA certified kits here in Salt Lake (including the Focus) would have to agree that Ronnie is your best bet.
                  Lancer Automotive Group
                  3687 South 300 West
                  Salt Lake City UT 84115

801-268-8863

http://lancerautogroup.com

Visit our Facebook pages
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lance...68469439838785

https://www.facebook.com/alternativefuelcenter?ref=hl

Comment

EPA certified or not to be EPA Certified? Front the money and wait for the rebate? The cost to convert seems to be about the same with the rebate but I have to put out all the money up front. I can afford to do it but many people would really struggle to do so. Just voicing some of the internal struggles that everyone that we want to get converted will be going through.

I am going to meet with Centerpoint Energy see if I can get to be their poster boy for CNG conversions in Houston and other areas that Centerpoint covers for a rebate program that I hope to start with them and have Ronnie do the work.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I will give Ronnie a call soon.

Bob
                    Bob Baldwin
                    2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
                    2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

Last I heard, Ford Motor Credit would finance the CNG conversion and the new car, that would probably help a lot of people with the up front cost. Has anyone heard or read any different ? Also a good strategy would be for a person to do the CNG conversion close to the end of the year, that way they wouldn't have to wait so long for the tax credit.

Comment

Ronnie, would a Fuelmaker CNG FM4 work with the conversion or is it not high enough pressure?
                        Bob Baldwin
                        2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
                        2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

Ford will finance 80% of the conversion cost on a 4 year note, but my experience has been that their rate may be a little higher.

No problem filling up with the 3,000 FuelMaker, you just will never get over 4/5 of tank. My guess is that you could still get 200 miles or so on a fill.

Ronnie Oldham

Comment

Thanks Ronnie, we need to get together soon. I purchased a FuelMaker C3 and will have it installed some time in the next month or so. I am hoping to have the funds put together to get you do my conversion.

Bob
                            Bob Baldwin
                            2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
                            2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

Working...
                            X