1997 ford f250 5.4 cng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 ford f250 5.4 cng

is there anyway to convert this car to run on gasoline i live in miami florida and there is no one place where i can get ng hel

Re: 1997 ford f250 5.4 cng

No, there is not.

How did you come to be in possession of a truck that is hard to fuel?

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Marcos,
      Best to sell or trade it. I have had to deal with a couple of failed attempts at "deconverting". Neither ever ran right and one was a bomb just waiting to explode, and I got the joy of defusing it. Took me back to my AF days hanging out with the nutjobs in the EOD squad.
      Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

well i found someone selling the truck but they just told me that it woulnt start truck look in good shape so i got it they had allready replaced the fuel tank, ingectors, fuel rails fuel pump it starts and runs but it has a real hard time starting cold someone told me that i had to change the timming on it becouse ng has a higher octane rate than gasoline

Comment

You had better not listen to that guy. You cannot adjusting timing on the 5.4 engine. It is a coil on plug engine with no distributor. Timing is probably not the problem unless the Crankshaft position sensor is bad. You might want to check both the Cam and Crank sensors -- just for fun.

Octane rating of fuel refers to it flame propogation speed. The higher the octane rating the slower the flame speed and the more you could advance timing if necessary. Unless the one of the above mentioned sensor or the computer is bad don't worry about the timing.

Larrycng

Comment

Marcos,
            Please clearify, was this originally a gasoline truck half-heartedly converted to CNG or a factory CNG truck that starts and runs badly?
            Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

it is a factory ng

Comment

when the guy sold it to me it was my imprestion that it was a gasoline truck and that it just had a hard time starting i changed the fuel filter and ingectors then i started to noticed that there was no igr valve and was missing all the polution stuff so i whent back to the guy and ask him about it thatsd when he told me that the truck was a factory cng but that he converted it to gasoline, that he replaced the ingectors fuel lines fuel rails spark plugs fuel pump wire harness and computer from a junked gas f250 gasoline 1997 f250 truck

Comment

he also has all the stuff that he removed from the truck, and like i said the truck has a hard time startingup when cold but once it warmsup runs good

Comment

Working...
                  X