• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    freedml

• freedml
    replied
    Re: 1996 dodge conversion?

The models that are conversions have the conversion shop listed in parenthesis like (BAYTECH). The rest are factory models.

Leave a comment:

• cngsteve

• cngsteve
    replied

Check out the conversions thread:

http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1767

Leave a comment:

• t0mo
    replied

I found a few dedicated cng ram's. Is there a way to convert a normal gasser to either dedicated cng or bi-fuel? Probably not if it was a factory thing? I sort of need a 4x4, and most of the cng trucks I've seen are either 2wd, or REALLY freakin' expensive. I would like to get rid of my subie and go the cng route, and I've just always been partial to dodges, but that looks like it may not happen.

Leave a comment:

• cngsteve

• cngsteve
    replied

I'm familiar with the Dodge vans and minivans on the list, and these are from-the-factory dedicated CNG vehicles. For CA HOV access, the vehicle cannot have evaporative emissions (except the hybrids' special deal), so bi-fuels don't qualify.

I wasn't aware that Dodge made the 1996 5.2L Ram 1500 and Dakota in dedicated CNG, but I'm guessing that's what this listing represents judging by the engine size, as opposed to a conversion.

Leave a comment:

• t0mo
    started a topic 1996 dodge conversion?

1996 dodge conversion?

Hey folks, this is my first post, and I've been searching for hours to try to make sure it's not a stupid first one. I'm trying to find a legit way to convert either a 1996 dodge ram 1500 or possibly a dakota (both the 5.2L) to CNG. I found them on this list ( http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/carpool/carpool.htm ) of eligible vehicles for carpool lane stickers on the CARB website, so I'm guessing there has to be some legal kit? I can't find anything and would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Tom
Working...
X