Help with home brew kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with home brew kit

It might be a good idea to keep the cng tanks as close together as possible and place your hp regulator/cutoff valve close to them- run only low pressure lines to the engine compartment.

Comment

Another issue I see is no manual shutoff on the high pressure side.
      John

Comment

Find your local Swaglock dealer they can set you up with valves, tubing and fittings. Plus you will need a tubing bender cutter and de-burring tool. you can get away with 1/4" x .035 seamless stainless steel tubing or for faster filling 3/8" x .049.

http://www.swagelok.com/tubing/stain...eel_tubing.htm

You will also need a fueling receptacle. your reg. needs to be hot water jacketed. Anchor all tubing every 24". I am curious how you re going to mount your tanks?

Comment

Originally posted by cngmike View Post
          Find your local Swaglock dealer they can set you up with valves, tubing and fittings. Plus you will need a tubing bender cutter and de-burring tool. you can get away with 1/4" x .035 seamless stainless steel tubing or for faster filling 3/8" x .049.

http://www.swagelok.com/tubing/stain...eel_tubing.htm

You will also need a fueling receptacle. your reg. needs to be hot water jacketed. Anchor all tubing every 24". I am curious how you re going to mount your tanks?
          Curious as well on the mounting of the tanks. If they are not composite they will need serious structure. I would hate to see you jump a wake and have your tanks fall out LOL just kidding. Anyway interesting project. Hope to see your progress here

Comment

When cylinders are installed in vehicles they are mounted with 3/4" grade 8 bolts and an additional backing plate on the opposite side of the structure. I am not familiar whit how you would get to both sides of the stringers. I have however worked on both Lotuses and
            Ginettas. (both Fiberglass) and the structural upgrade would be quite easy. As a mater of fact I have a 71 Europa project in garage that I am thinking of trying to convert to GNG.

Comment

Working...
            X