2007 Gm 6.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Gm 6.2

I have checked Baytech and Phoenix and can not find a certified kit for 2007 Denali with 6.2 engine. The vehicle is in an emission area and must be certified to license. Any suggestions on where to go?
    Stan M.

Re: 2007 Gm 6.2

There is an EPA certified kit from Impco, but it is bi-fuel so no federal tax credit You could get a $2,500 Utah credit however. SemiService downtown SLC installs these. Please call Marty Seelos or Mike Fitzgerald at 801-521-0360 and tell them I sent you. We are sharing a booth at the AFVi show in Vegas so it will be next to our Impala there if anyone wants to stop by and see it.

Kevin and I are looking into doing a dedicated CNG retrofit for the GM 6 liter platform. Would love to have someone step up to the plate with a donor vehicle for us to prototype and take to the EPA. One ton = $8,000 in federal tax credits; with Utah's $2,500 the conversion would almost be paid for.

Comment

John, I talked with you about a month ago. I will be purchasing a GMC or chev with the 6.0 and debating on dedicating it or not. It will be a 1 ton, and used for tows. I would be more that happy to share any info with you on that. I was also wondering if the Ford v-10 6.8 l would be a good truck. and if there is a good product to do this to as well. Who is better snow motion, and or Semi service.
      Also is Jared, on cngchat.com from snomotion or is it a different Jared.

Comment

Hi smggt,
        Suggest you stick with the GM platform as Ford is notorious for having many different engines for the same vehicle. I know you are looking at heavy-duty but for example, there are 6 different engines in the F-150 so imagine getting EPA certs on all of them... it aint gonna happen. I feel sorry for BAF having to second-guess where William Ford is going to go next with company and engine strategy...

Semi-service uses the certified IMPCO kits which are only bi-fuel as the system must always first start-up on gasoline. Sno-motion uses the certified Baytech kits which can either be ordered as bi-fuel or dedicated. Baytech reprograms the factory PCM as opposed to IMPCO installing a secondary computer, so for diagnosing problems (esp. MIL light illumination) you will be better off with Baytech. But then again you really should check both of them out and make your own decision. Both shops are well-qualified to do the work. Also remember the Federal tax credit on your 1 ton vehicle is $8,000 if you go with dedicated CNG, so if it were me I would take a serious look at where the vehicle is going to be traveling to see if you can live with a dedicated platform. That is a lot of money to leave on the table.

Jared on our board (Highmarker) is not the same guy as the tech at Sno-motion. Highmarker works for Hypercomp (CNG tank manufacturer).

Comment

John, I called on the Impco kit for the 2007 GM 6.2 and was told it is still several months away. Any timeline for when your kit will be available?
          Stan

Comment

Working...
          X