X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bretlott
    replied
    Re: CNG fuel tanks

No, you can not use an air compressor tank. cng tanks are made to operate at much higher pressure. you must use a CNG tank only.

Leave a comment:

• cngaz
    replied

Check the expiration date on the tank, once it hits that date its toast.
    CNG Cylinders are required to be inspected every 36 months or after any
    collision or accident.
    You can find a list of certified inspectors online at CSA America.

Leave a comment:

• almander
    replied

When buying used CNG vehicles, and Tanks.

I have heard that you have to re-certify tanks every 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• cngmike
    replied

Tanks for CNG are either rated at 3000 psi world wide or 3600 US only. I would fallow Dave's advice, you can find used tanks on Ebay. but I would be careful or you could by damaged tanks. Also you can pay as much if not more for brackets and insulators.

Leave a comment:

• cngaz
    replied

Purchase from a factory authorized conversion company, but then you might as well get the whole conversion through them.
    Otherwise you may spend years trying to get the vehicle to run right.
    Do not buy a kit off the internet!
    Your best bet is to buy a new Honda GX or buy a used vehicle already set up on natural gas. I'm partial to Honda's and GM Factory vehicles, less problems.

Leave a comment:

• charlesfinney
    started a topic CNG fuel tanks

CNG fuel tanks

Hey folks. I'm new to the forum. I'm a bit excited and a bit disapointed in the CNG potential - conversion, that is. While the idea is great and affordable, and environmentally great, the size of the tanks available is ridiculous. Who has a 4 gallon gas tank? That's crazy. Does anyone know where to get an affordable, larger size gas tank? Is it possible to use an air compressor tank, and what would the PSI need to be?

Kindly,
    Mike
Working...
X