This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLD 2008 Civic GX w 18" Honda HFP rims and extra 6 GGE tank

I'm trying to figure out what sort of price I could get for my 2008 Civic GX w 18" Honda HFP rims and extra 6 GGE tank (Lincoln Composites). It has about 40k miles but is being driven daily. I just had my order for a Nissan Leaf confirmed and am now just waiting for my exact delivery date. I'm keeping one Civic GX (wife's) for the longer commute. Due to the larger rims, even with the extra tank the range is somewhere in the 350-375 mile neighborhood.

What do you guys think is a likely price?
    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 10-15-2010, 11:47 PM.
    Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
    Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
    Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Re: 2008 Civic GX w 18" Honda HFP rims and extra 6 GGE tank

Can you let us know who installed the extra tank and how much it was? thanks!

Comment

The tank was a personal project. It took almost a year since I had a hard time finding parts as I'm not a certified installer and everyone is very conscious of protecting their turf (claiming liability concerns of course). So the used tank was $800 on ebay. Labor and materials for the tank subframe was about $400, and the plumbing and parts probably another $400. The right people were involved anytime I did not feel comfortable with my own skills. Anyway, new, using estimates from our several So Cal area installers, the tank would have been about $3,000 with another $2,500 for labor since it wasn't their standard 3 or 4 GGE install. Too much in my opinion. Anyway, I don't want this thread to turn into a tank discussion. I suggest a separate thread for that. If someone is interested in buying the car and wants to come by, I will gladly show it to them.
      Adrian

Silver 2012 Toyota Prius

Comment

Adrian

I tried PM'ing you, but your box is full...

Adrian,

Did you get a price or sell your car? I'm not sure when, but I think I am going to be in the market for another NG car. I was involved in an accident on Monday and it looks like they are going to "total" my car. So, I'm just looking right now, but am wondering what kind of price your looking at. Also, can you send a few more pics of the car to my e-mail. I am definitely interested in the additional tank. I drive to El Segundo DAILY and my only complaint of the CNG cars is having to gas every two days...

Also, from your license plate frames and the pictures, are you located in Anaheim Hills? I used to live up by Serrano and Sunset Ridge. I now live off of Mohler by El Rancho Charter Middle School...

Comment

In this market, I'd say maybe $18K. But that's 'cause I want it. If you wait long enough, prolly closer to $21K from an ex-yellow sticker owner.
          Chuck J

Who wants to see another 8th Gen Civic, anyway?
          Addicted to Unique Rides

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsnTide View Post
            Adrian

I tried PM'ing you, but your box is full...

Adrian,

Did you get a price or sell your car? I'm not sure when, but I think I am going to be in the market for another NG car. I was involved in an accident on Monday and it looks like they are going to "total" my car. So, I'm just looking right now, but am wondering what kind of price your looking at. Also, can you send a few more pics of the car to my e-mail. I am definitely interested in the additional tank. I drive to El Segundo DAILY and my only complaint of the CNG cars is having to gas every two days...

Also, from your license plate frames and the pictures, are you located in Anaheim Hills? I used to live up by Serrano and Sunset Ridge. I now live off of Mohler by El Rancho Charter Middle School...
            I just cleared my inbox so now there's room for more pm's. I still have the car, since I haven't put it up for sale yet. I was trying to figure out a price through this post. Yes, I'm in Anaheim Hills. I could post more pictures, or, you could come by and see it.
            Adrian

Silver 2012 Toyota Prius

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstarchuck View Post
              In this market, I'd say maybe $18K. But that's 'cause I want it. If you wait long enough, prolly closer to $21K from an ex-yellow sticker owner.
              Thanks for the pricing suggestion.
              Adrian

Silver 2012 Toyota Prius

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian View Post
                I just cleared my inbox so now there's room for more pm's. I still have the car, since I haven't put it up for sale yet. I was trying to figure out a price through this post. Yes, I'm in Anaheim Hills. I could post more pictures, or, you could come by and see it.
                Thanks, I'll PM you when I get some time...

Comment

Adrian, PM sent. I am also a fellow OC-resident and have been in the market for a Civic GX; I'd love to come by and check this one out. PM included my contact information. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by brianlin87 View Post
                    Adrian, PM sent. I am also a fellow OC-resident and have been in the market for a Civic GX; I'd love to come by and check this one out. PM included my contact information. Thanks
                    Not sure if I'm even allowed to send PM's with my low post count, but in case you didn't get my contact information my e-mail is brianlin87(at)gmail.com; please e-mail me and I will respond with my cell phone number.

Comment

Sold! Waiting for my Nissan Leaf now.
                      Adrian

Silver 2012 Toyota Prius

Comment

Working...
                      X