cng in tn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cng in tn

we are getting cng at a 1.50 in wartburg tn this summer the local gas co is doing this dont know much yet will let youall know when I do I think this is going to be real as they are out buying pu trucks that are cng for those going north south just take 27 insted of I 75 and it is on the way east to west aint quite as good but still quite doabull we are north west of knoxville about 40 miles coming east get off I40 at us127 go north to 62 run it to us 27 go south 2 mi turn left at light 62 it is right there next to hardys then get back on 62 east and you will come out in knoxville after passing oakridge and olversprings note it aint open yet but will post when it is cowboy

Re: cng in tn

I talked to the gas guys and they tink end of july but aint sure

Comment

I talked to the power guys today that are running the power to the compresser and it is only 50 amps of 480 3Q so it cant be to many cfm thay thought a 10 hp and a 5hp secondary but the gas co told me it will be 3600 and all the gas I can use and two spears for storage we shall see I will only use it as a back up for my compresser but even my pu holds about 50gge and it may help some who are traveling

Comment

The compressor is probably in the range of 15-25cfm with a motor that size. The sphere's come in different sizes, but a 4 ft sphere holds about 80gge. I'm not sure how they are configuring the cascade, but there's probably no way that it will take care of your 50gge truck. I only have about 110 total gge storage and I can't fill the 40gge street sweeper that comes by. It seems like I can only deliver about 10% of the total storage at pressure.

Comment

just my thoughts also on cfm to hp also curtis but even 1/2 fill beats no fill if my compresser gos down so I am glad they are building it makes me feel better running cng only knowing there is somewhere to fill and it should help those traveling

Comment

went by the new compresser to day or should I say lack of .no compresser but digging for the gas main so I am still waiting

Comment

they have one spear it is about 88 gge at 5000psi so it aint a lot of gas but beats a blank now they are saying end of aug

Comment

I dont know who is building this pump but is now comming up on winter and still no public gas whoever is building this has loaned the gas co a slow fill for there trucks. as far behind as this is getting I am wondering if we will ever get public fill I am guessing whoever has building this has gotting into something they dont know about as we have had great weather so that sure aint it I just hope it aint some fly by night outfit that will just go bankrupt and leave a bad taste in everyones mouth. and give cng a bad rap

Comment

still no gas it is now a big secret as to what is going on. I have not been able to find out when they expect gas or who is building it . but I am geting a bad feeling that it is a fly buy night outfit that cant even find a flashlight to fly at night. as it was to be done this summer and we had our first frost the other night I dont see what the big deal is. huling elt put the power in months ago. the gas line is there and there are no building permits in our county other than a note from the tax acessers office so it looks to me that the contractor is the one who is screwing up. I could of built it by using just a pair of plyers and a screwdriver by now LOL other than it is not funny as the note I have to buy my new cng truck expires the 15 of this month and I am not going to buy it if I dont have backup gas and we wonder why most folks dont want to fool with cng what if someone had ordered and got a new car or truck depending on public gas might as well have bought a lawn chair as you can sit in it and go nowhere to for a lot less cash!!!

Comment

Call my friend and fellow Clean Cities Coordinator Johnathan Overly. I'm not sure where this project is located, but he may have some insight for you as to who may know. He's in East Tenn. If it's in the mid part of the state, try the second contact.

Coordinator:

Johnathan Overly
                    Eastern Tenn Clean Fuels Coalition
                    Phone:865-974-9665

http://tennesseecleanfuels.com/

Middle Tennessee Clean Cities
                    Coordinator:Atha Comiskey

Phone:615-884-4908

Comment

that is a good idea. I have been thinking anyone who lets a contract to build a cng pump needs to put a date to be completed and have a penlty in the contract say a thousand a day (it has to hurt) to keep things on time.we have many times had these kind of peneltys when we clear gasline right of way and lay gas line and and because of this we have been out in the middle of the night to get caught up so it dose workLOL hit them in the pocketbook otherwise we end up with crap like what we have going on here in tn. the only bad thing it hurts the small guy as it costs to get bonds to back it

Comment

well a dispenser has showed up and I stoped a few days ago and asked a fellow named potter and he got quite rude when I asked about cfm and storage so I left I am over this as the 15 th of last month my loan expired to buy a truck tractor that is cng only and I am not going to depend on just my compresser with payments comming in so I did not buy itso I understand why cng is not going anywhere as if I was john q public I would not buy a car that I might not be able to buy gas for

Comment

I saw a truck filling up at the gas co the other day and found out that it is up and running but have not been able to get a pin # as it has to have a pin # and a visa card now if you use your visa card they know who you are so why the pin# sometimes when I travel out of state and use my visa card to buy diesel it will ask me for my billing zip that I understand as it is not my normal profile and it is sevral hundrurd dollers I dont think that this pump can pump sevral hundurd dollers worth at a 1.50 as it only has one spear about 4 ft I think it is just a way to keep other folks from using it I will stop in in the morning and try to get my pin # if not why

Comment

went to the gas co today and they were nice to me I was told that the still did not know but that something would happen by next week so I will fix the ac on my pu as it will be summer before anything happens LOL I will see about getting a number for all the members on the site to use if they come through as I can see no reason to keep track of who gets gas and since it will bill to your visa once they have your money and you have there gas who cares or they could just have a pin # for transient fills that anyone comming through could use

Comment

well I stoped and was told that to get a pin # that you have to have your 36000 3 year inspt on the tank and the fuel filler line . that it is fedral law or they cant let you fuel aint heard that one. tanks it might not be a bad idea but was also told that the compresser and storage was getting small fast still dont know what cfm but was told that they only had 30 gge storage so I think they got a grant to build this as a public pump and now are coming up with excuses so the dont have to let the public fuel and just keep it to run there trucks I was talking to a friend of mine who knows the guy who wrote the grant app he said he thought that it was to be two 25 cfm irs and quite a bit more storage so as of right now we got a high dollar toy for our tax dollar if I am right about the grant. could be the contractor got paid for the big stuff and installed the toy pump and screwed the gas co It was to be done this past summer and it is just comming on line now so I think this could be a good posabilty and I have not been able to find out who the contractor is. think I will check into this a little more our gas co is a publc utilty so I do not see how they can get away with not selling gas to the transiant customer who is a member of the public this is the kind of crap that keeps cng as a hippy fuel my mom would not even think of haveing a car she might not be able to get fuel for on a trip to visit the grand kids so until all pumps are open to the public it will remain a hippy fuel. a question for curtis what do I need if I just roll in to your place when traveling to fuel . a few years ago I took a trip out west think I ran about 8000 miles not sure but we were gone 2 1/2 mounths just goofing off and never burned gasoline and never had anyone ask for even a tank inspt. much less a fuel line and filler inspt. the most we were asked was to look at our tanks for the ex date witch was ez just lift the cover on the bed and I think that was in ok but not sure but no bs like this . the much biger problem we had was not having the right card . but was not a real problem we would just sit at the pump and wait for someone with a card and never had anyone turn us down to use there card and just pay them cash one thing about burnning cng is you meet a lot of nice like minded folks out there.
                              Last edited by cowboy; 01-10-2011, 11:13 PM. Reason: just thought about the card problem

Comment

Working...
                              X