My Commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Commercial

Here's a little commercial I created for the dealership when we opened our cng station. Just thought I'd throw it up here for fun. Hopefully it works... if not... you can see it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTBEVlpJFXQ

Re: My Commercial

Nice, Curtis!
    How is the station operating these days?
    Last edited by John Mitton; 03-31-2010, 10:28 AM.

Comment

We've been consistently up for the most part. We had a drive off that removed our 3600psi hose but the culprit didn't realize how many cameras we have on the lot. Justice will be served eventually. There are even more cameras on the pump these days as a result. The hose has been repaired and the culprit needs to come pick up the repair bill... you know who you are... and so do we.

Aside from that, and some kind of issue with a pressure switch that vents the tanks if our pressure gets too high (we have to keep it around 3000psi for now) we're good. It's always something with a station. The high pressures and the incompetence of a certain unnamed station building company tend to make things interesting.

Comment

Who manufactured the pumping station, do you have a picture of it? Also what are your prices there? Jim
        Jim Younkin
        www.younkincng.com

Comment

Station 2.JPGStation 1 (1).JPGThe skid (compressor) is an Angi-Rix made in 1995. It used to be the compressor for the city of Palm Desert. The Storage consists of an 80gge sphere from Allied Sphere and a FM8 dispenser that was converted to be additional (30gge) storage. The dispenser is a Krause. Price right now is $2.15 gge (listed on cngprices.com. I had pictures posted in the photo gallery and on my Clean Cities website at www.antelopecleancities.com in the photo gallery.

Comment

curtis if I did not know about cng I would be lost as to what you wanted me to buy just my thoughts good luck with it also I have noticed more large tanks around here (tennessee) 80 to 100 gge so to me you storage sounds small my dodge pu is now 60 gge have a great day cowboy

Comment

Awesome job Curtis on getting your public cng refueling site going in Palmdale, CA!! Curious on background on compressor that came out of Palm Desert that formerly was city ran . . . . is there any public or private cng in Palm Desert now?

Last year visited friend in Desert Hot Springs and used the Clean Energy pump there, along with the CE public cnp pump in Palm Springs, CA. Nothing special about pumps other than they worked . . . and that price went from $1.80 in May 2008 to $2.50 a year later!!

Any other available compressors like the one you got, to jump start a Honda dealership here in Midwest? Any round-a-bout dollars you can share on cost to purchase and setup your public cng site?

Comment

Nice Commercial!

Comment

My best suggestion is to work with Tom at Tulsa Gas Technologies and your local Clean Cities & AQMD to provide grants. It may be possible to cover up to 90% with grant funds making it more attractive to the dealership. The giant tax credits ( for building a station) and the $.50 federal rebate on dispensed fuel should be back soon, so there's another perk you can wave at them. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X