Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help to source for CNG Station database..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to source for CNG Station database..

Hi friends!

My name is Al and I am completely new here. In fact to be frank, I joined this forum because I need some help. You see, I am building a great resource for the global CNG industry and it is a global CNG Station locator website.

I am finding it a challenge to put all the CNG stations in each country on the map so if anybody here can point me to a resource where I can have a complete database of operational CNG stations in each country, it will really be cool!

Anyway, my website is CNGStations.com and it is still a work in progress. I will definitely need all the help that I can get, since I do not have a team working with me.

Thank you in advance and it will be nice to make some new friends along the way.

Cheerio... Al

Re: Need help to source for CNG Station database..

the 'gold standard' in the US is www.cngprices.com
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

Al,

As an alternative (pardon the pun) the DOE trys to maintain a similar site at:
      http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/locator/stations/ under the Alternative Fuels Data Center.

Good luck but you don't have to re-invent the wheel.

afvman

Comment

Originally posted by afvman View Post
        Good luck but you don't have to re-invent the wheel.
        The DOE's wheel is small compared to the wheel cngprices.com has: "US, Canada and Europe".

But since Al's stated goal is a "global CNG Station locator website", and the location says he is in is Penang, Malaysia, either website would not be of much help.

If we could get some CNG pumps with frickn' laser beams on them .. that would be cool. (since we are talking global here)

Last edited by jblue; 01-13-2010, 04:52 PM.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Hey guys!

Thanks for the replies! Yes, I am in Penang but that is only from where I operate. The internet has no boundaries and with Google maps, information from every nook and corner in this world can be accessed online.

I know CNGPrices.com is the gold standard and they have prices too. They are an excellent service to the CNG industry and that is why I plan to keep up or even better their platform. CNGStations.com has different plans and would like to have CNG stations mapped out globally instead of only in EU, USA and Canada. I have actually started with the USA and will eventually move to other countries, hopefully with help from the forumers.

I believe there are many more stations in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Thailand, etc than most of the developed countries. I am trying to get in contact with the Energy ministries of countries to get their database of CNG stations in the respective countries and if anyone can help, it will be great

Thanks again for the feedback ...cheerio!

Al
          Last edited by cngstations.com; 01-13-2010, 11:28 PM.

Comment

You might also try to contact the IANGV to see what resources they may be able to offer.
            http://www.iangv.org/

Comment

Europe CNG station map site zooms quickly from groups of 10 or more stations in a region (yellow dot) down to station groups in cities (blue dot) and finally to individual stations marked on the map with a red balloon from which the address, phone number, hours, and payment method (but no price) may be found.
              There doesn't seem to be a "go back" arrow, but clicking on the country, again, on the side-bar does the trick.

http://cngeurope.com/countries/sweden/

The site also provides listings of NGV's by manufacturer with their specifications, as well as CNG press releases. A software engineer who makes frequent trips to Germany mentioned to me that there were CNG vehicles everywhere he looked over there - including trucks. Glad Al from Penang created a thread to post this item.

Comment

Working...
              X