Assessing values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assessing values

I tried my usual source, Kelley Blue Book, to look up the value of a 2003 Ford F150 7700 bifuel with about 30K miles and they didn't have it listed. Does anyone know where I could find a reliable source to see if the local dealership is over chargine for the truck in question. (Sorry if this offends any dealers but I assume that the Ford dealership has the price too high- I guess I'm a little cynical.)

RHL

Re: Assessing values

There are two problems with valuing CNG cars -- they were never sold at retail (except the GX since 2006) and there are very few of them, which are two reasons why they aren't in the KBB. So, if you want that model truck, you have to either make a deal with that dealer or keep searching which may take months.
    Last edited by freedml; 01-12-2010, 12:02 PM. Reason: edited to correct info
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

I believe that you have confirmed what I didn't want to hear but probably had already figured out. I will keep you guys posted.

Comment

When I've fought with the insurance company over vehicle valuation, I've used craigslist, and eBay (completed listings) as starting points to find comparable vehicles for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by LEMON8R View Post
          I tried my usual source, Kelley Blue Book, to look up the value of a 2003 Ford F150 7700 bifuel with about 30K miles and they didn't have it listed. Does anyone know where I could find a reliable source to see if the local dealership is over chargine for the truck in question. (Sorry if this offends any dealers but I assume that the Ford dealership has the price too high- I guess I'm a little cynical.)

RHL
          Check ebay. Click the box that says "Completed listings." You must be a registred ebay user to perform this search. (Registering is free.) That will give you a very very good idea of how much the car is worth. (Even though I hate Meg Whitman, I still use ebay).
          1998 Honda GX
          ebike

Comment

My local dealership has a 2003 for $8,000 but it only has 25K miles and they are going to give me the factory warranty on the powertrain. I think that I am going to take the plunge.....

Comment

Working...
            X