Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2004 or 2005 CV so where do you think they are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 or 2005 CV so where do you think they are?

So been looking for a 2004 or later CNG crown vic for some time now. Not much available out there any thoughts why??

Found some beautiful modified ones in Utah, but cannot import into California need the CARB approived version

Looking on Craigslist and E-Bay and edmonds
    Last edited by Curtis; 12-25-2009, 03:37 PM.

Re: 2004 or 2005 CV so where do you think they are?

I think '04 was the last year of oem Ford and very few were sold, and BAF started selling as an authorized upfitter thru Ford Fleet dealers in '06.

The 04 will be hard to find. Lot's of folks on the forum aren't going to like this , but contact Jellena at Clean Energy H.Q. in Seal Beach CA. She may be able to find a source for you.

Best Auto in Corona sells a lot of used crown vics. He's got some '02 and '03 on the website. www.gobestauto.com .

Good Luck.
    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 12-22-2009, 10:12 PM.

Comment

You can "import" the used CV's, or any other used car with over 7,500 mi. to Ca with no problems. What you have a problem with is a new non-CARB vehicle. You can confirm this, along with details on how to register/smog/etc an out of state car with DMV, or online info can be found here at: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/newvehicle.htm.

It wouldn't surprise me if the car originated in Ca in the first place. Many cng vehicles came into Utah over the past 2 years from all over the country, many from CA. The seller may be able to tell you the cars origins.
      Last edited by Curtis; 12-23-2009, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Sure would love to buy a Honda, just saw 3 new ones at the Pinnacle re-fuel in San Ramon. Sticker says they get 36 MPG WOW !!!!!!

Perhaps we could cut one in 1/2 add 24 inches or so to it so I can put all my radios, computers and tools in the trunk..

BTW I had an ongoing battle with DMV about a 2007 with 10 K on it I bought in Utah that had an aftermarket CNG addded to it. (Car was great, quality of aftermarket install was excellent) Could never get it registered as I could never get it smogged, guys at the smog shops could not help, they took one look and gave me my money back as it matched nothing in thier documentation.

The DMV referee was more than usless as he actually made the situation worse he had never seen an after market CNG. He contacted the company that did the mod, irritated them and would not allow the vehicle as it did not have CARB on the mod and the smog system had been modified. ( yeah it had been changed, no gas cap anymore as it was dedicated and that really freaked the guy out) Finally gave up sold it to a guy in Oregon that was real happy with it.

Your experience will difffer I am sure, I have brought 2003 2002 and a 2000 in with no issues and instant registration, one of those had an aftermarket on it.

We need a bigger Honda !!!

Comment

A Factory cng CRV would do the trick. Lots of room, and good economy too. Calling E. Rosenberg , at Honda Motor. The retail market has spoken.

Comment

We own a 1999 CRV and love it, no issues other than tires battery etc

Comment

I'll have to echo what cquirk said about the CRV. We had a 2000 CRV and have a 2005 CRV now. Just an all-around good and reliable car. But if a lesser compact SUV came on the market with a CNG version, I would consider trading in the CRV.

Honda already has the Civic GX and the CRV is built on the Civic platform. How hard would it be to make a CRV GX? It probably would not be a sales leader, but neither is the Civic GX. However, Honda could lay claim to the greenest internal combustion engine SUV - even more so if Honda made a hybrid CNG version of the CRV.
              Patent Counsel
              '04 F150 Dedicated
              '11 Civic GX
              '11 BMW ActiveE
              FMQ2-36
              FM4

Comment

The car had a Legal kit from EPA standards, dealer had registered some cars in San Diego. Very high quality installled by a company in Wood Cross Utah.

The conversion company had also done a lot of work for the state and other agencies. Cars were previously registered in Utah by a private party DBA.

Anyway the rub was the kit was not CARB listed and they claim that the smog system had been modified which made the vehicle impossible to register.

No doubt I could have pushed the issue further and won the argument but you can only invest so much time and money into this type of thing.

Your point about imported kits is well taken and yes I learn a lot from this forum and its contributors, thank you all for spending your time to populate this site for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakewood90712 View Post
                  Lot's of folks on the forum aren't going to like this , but contact Jellena at Clean Energy H.Q. in Seal Beach CA.
                  CE is okay. The CE station has come in handy for me a couple of times when I am running low.

... which entirely fits the profile. It's not much different than a loan shark or a deal with the devil when your in a jam 'cause it's gonna cost ya.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Working...
                  X