Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNG appliance on ebay. 1.2 gge/hr

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=160377728178

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Re: CNG appliance on ebay. 1.2 gge/hr

$10,500 is not cheap. I would really like to see more specs on a device that is coming in at that price.
    Michael Williams
    2001 Toyota Camry

Comment

Originally posted by CptPalmer View Post
      $10,500 is not cheap. I would really like to see more specs on a device that is coming in at that price.
      Agreed. At least give us some eye candy.

There should be a website with lots of pictures and if it was me .. a video of the unit in operation.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

If you are looking for more umph they have a 1.9gge per hour listed as well for $12,500.
        Michael Williams
        2001 Toyota Camry

Comment

I believe this is the foriegn made unit that this guy has been preselling on Ebay for couple of years. At this price is is certainly competitive with the FMQ2-36. I would want more information before investing, such as info on manufacturer, parts availability, supply chain, field serviceability, rebuild costs, etc. Looks like a nice unit, but we've been down this path with other units. If it breaks, whose going to fix it, at what cost, and when? What is the run time between rebuilds? Cost of a rebuild, and can it be done in the field? Does it have all it's UL compliance certifications so that we can get it installed without being shut down in the permitting process. The price is fair, the questions are many... And on top of all that, not a single unit has been delivered, or installed, to my knowledge. I've always been cautious about buying the first year model of ANYTHING. I like to let them get the bugs out first, and at someone elses expense.

Comment

Here's the video. Stare at the picture:

"Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
            02 GX
            01 GX
            03 Crown Vic
            06 GX
            Home Fueler

Comment

Originally posted by freedml View Post
              "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
              lol. That's too funny!!

Comment

Listed as Illinois with a Canadian area code. Hmmmm....

Comment

My search shows the "708" area code as Oak Brook Illinois
                  CDNCNG
                  2004 Ram 1500 dual fuel 5.7 Hemi
                  2001 Ram 3500 cargo 5.2 Dedicated

Comment

This "Bob" guy is out of Silver Lake, Wi. He has been messing around with CNG for a while and may have been, or worked with a Fuelmaker dealer at one time. He always has something on E-bay, however it may be under several different E-bay accounts and locations. He used to have Cavaliers and Cavalier parts listed and has some Phills and other parts on right now. He had a refueler listed a while back that might be an earlier version of this one. He usually lists his phone number. I have bought a couple of items from him and there has not been any problems. As to this refueler, I am reasonably sure it is a prototype (or an outgrowth of the earlier one listed on E-bay) and he is looking for interest in it. If I remember correctly, the last one was being made up in England from various European sourced parts. As to certifications for use (UL, AGA or whatever they are now, etc.) I wouln't count on them at this stage .

Comment

Funny that this "prototype" shows up within months of Honda giving up the ghost on Fuelmaker. I hope this first attempt by the "shiny box" home VRA is a huge success . . . . even if initially at sky high price over $10K! With Obama administration instead of oil boy Bushie W, I expect these new VRA's to get UL approval easily, and price to drop once economies of scale kick in.

Truth of the matter is USA home VRA market potential is hundreds of thousands of units if US would just embrace benefits of CNG. Soon VW will be major alternative fuel auto maker in USA with CNG and diesel and hybrids. If GM, Ford and others don't keep up, they'll go bankrupt again in just a few short years.

I can only dream what CNG might do in USA (say jump from 140,000 units to instead be say 2 or 3 million vehicles) if CNG were to become the "Nationalized" fuel with strict pricing legislation of max price of $1.40/gge for companies receiving subsidies for building public cng refueling sites (ie CE). Pollution would drop like a rock if OTR truckers, school districts and public transit buses all HAD to be CNG rather than dirty diesel (or at minimum, mix of 15% diesel and 85% cng).

I have a dream . . . . . and CNG is All Across The USA !!

Comment

Working...
                      X