Refilling in Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refilling in Mexico?

Where can I find locations of CNG filling stations in Mexico?
    Or first question... do they even exist?
    Please help!
    Shawn

Re: Refilling in Mexico?

Yes, they DO exist !! A Swagelok rep I working with, said he was amazed at how many public refueling locations there were for CNG in Mexico. He said they were almost as common as regular petrol filling stations. Don't know of any database but you could request information from IANGV.org as a last resort.

Let us know what you find out.

Comment

Maybe Todd will eventually add them to cngprices.

Comment

I'll check Puerto Pinasco for CNG in February. I haven't seen any CNG stations in the last couple of years. (I know where the propano is)

Larrycng

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

Comment

One of my former contractors told me he did a lot of work on huge CNG stations in Mexico City.

Comment

I'd love to add all those countries with tons of CNG, but I've never found a good source for locations. In places like Pakistan, I found a short list, but most of the locations were of the "down the road from Bob's grocery store" type. Not too useful to put into Google maps.

If anyone knows of station lists in Mexico, Argentina, or just about anywhere I don't cover, let me know!

Todd
            CNG Vehicle - 2002 Honda Civic GX
            CNGPrices.com - The latest prices at CNG stations near you
            AltFuelPrices.com - Prices and station locations for CNG, E85, Biodiesel and more!

Comment

Sounds like a call to arms, gang. I'll check around and see if such a list is obtainable. Perhaps some of our members from other countries can assist with this.

Comment

Originally posted by cngacrossusa View Post
                Yes, they DO exist !! A Swagelok rep I working with, said he was amazed at how many public refueling locations there were for CNG in Mexico. He said they were almost as common as regular petrol filling stations. Don't know of any database but you could request information from IANGV.org as a last resort.

Let us know what you find out.
                People: These are not CNG stations. They are LPG. There is no CNG yet in Mexico. Please correct me if anyone knows more.

I was just there.
                1998 Honda GX
                ebike

Comment

Guessing that GringoStar has crossed over to Mexico near San Diego . . sad to hear that no cng there. The SwageLok rep was from midwest so maybe he had been to Mexico near TX border but I don't know. Sorry can't confirm whether Swagelok guy told me fib or not. Hope that there are pockets of cng in other parts of Mexico. Anyone travelled extensively across Mexico have any further info? Let us know.

Comment

A little bit of searching the net , some info about cng Transit Busses and Government Autos in Mexico City were planned. I could not find anything about public stations. This seems logical, to fight the local smog problem. I found a current price for Gasoline and Diesel http://www.mexicomike.com/database/r...rices_list.php .

LPG would have to be a lot cheaper for a conversion to have economic value. LPG is only about 80,000 btu per us gallon.
                    Last edited by Lakewood90712; 01-10-2010, 08:59 AM.

Comment

I've usually figuer about a 25% drop in MPG between propane and gasoline. That figuer has held for the 10 years I've run bi-fuel; pulling a 10,000 lb 5th wheel or running solo. I will stay on gasoline unless I can buy LP for 75% of gasoline, which I figuer is the break even point.

Washington is great on Lp, About $1.50 per gal. last summer. Yucca Valley, Ca. sucks, about $3.00 per gal (about the same a gasoline). during the same period. Bottom line the conversion has more than paid for itself.

Larrycng

Comment

Working...
                      X