Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staubli Type 2 Nozzle for $20.00 -- is that a good deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staubli Type 2 Nozzle for $20.00 -- is that a good deal?

I'm trying to piece together my own vent/emergency fuel xfer kit and I have not been able to find anyone that has nozzles for sale with prices.

I found this Staubli on ebay ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350094990237
    Last edited by jblue; 09-14-2009, 01:36 AM.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Re: Staubli Type 2 Nozzle for $20.00 -- is that a good deal?

freedml mentioned in another post:
    You can get a new Parker CNG nozzle (same as the original) from hydraulichouse.com for about $100. Make sure you tell them you need the reverse thread version.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Originally posted by jblue View Post
      I'm trying to piece together my own vent/emergency fuel xfer kit and I have not been able to find anyone that has nozzles for sale with prices.

I found this Staubli on ebay ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350094990237
      That's a good price for a P-30, if you can use it. Looks new

Comment

You aren't going to be able to vent or transfer fuel from the filling nozzle due to the backflow check valve in the line. The fuel flow only goes one way.

Franz

Comment

You can also buy the nozzle from OPW for less than 100

Comment

Originally posted by Franz View Post
            You aren't going to be able to vent or transfer fuel from the filling nozzle due to the backflow check valve in the line. The fuel flow only goes one way.
            Perhaps for other NGV's this may be true, but for P30 Ford's you vent the tanks via the filling nozzle.

That procedure is described in step-by-step instruction starting on page eleven of section 310-00B of the Workshop Manual Volume 2. The subheading is: Pressure Relief - Fuel Tank Venting. Step 11 reads: "Slowly open the manual backflow valve on the fuel filler valve."

I have attached a picture of a spare P30 filling nozzle that I have showing the manual backflow valve.
            Attached Files

Comment

... and my future fuel xfer setup will be done in a similar manner as to the rigging (good, not bad rigging) that I have seen in the back a truck parked at TGT.

Comment

That's true of the early fill Ford fill valves. There was recall on that style of fill valve -- I picked up a load of them from the local Ford dealer.

Ford Changed the fill valve design around 2001 to a style that didnot have vent provisions.

Just some info

Larrycng

Comment

Originally posted by larrycng View Post
                  Ford Changed the fill valve design around 2001 to a style that didnot have vent provisions.
                  Roger. So how would you safely vent a tank(s) with that type of filling receptacle?

Comment

John,
                    Why not just rig a fill post line with breakaway from your truck lines. I used a 1/4 turn and bleeder valve to depressurize the connection, which I leave attached most of the time anyway. I have all the parts if you're interested.
                    Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

The Weh emergency refueling hose comes with a special service nozzle that opens the check valve that is integrated in Weh receptacles.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerben View Post
                        The Weh emergency refueling hose comes with a special service nozzle that opens the check valve that is integrated in Weh receptacles.
                        I sent an email to Weh requesting pricing and this is the response I got back:
                        Dear John,

The Total Set of TZ21 consists of a TK4 (C1-15459) Nozzle + hose 35NG06 (3 meters = 10 feet) + service Nozzle TK6: The P/N is C1-17756 with NPT 1/4” External Thread and costs 1846.00 US$

The Necessary Accessory “Set Bypass” with P/N 32047 costs 660.30 US$

Delivery is about 2 to 4 weeks

Best regards

Willfort

WEH Technologies Inc.
                        24903 Laguna Edge Dr. KATY TX 77494,
                        TEL: 832 331 00 21
                        Email: [email protected]
                        I'll be sticking with my original plan which, so far, has only cost me twenty bucks plus shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by cnghal View Post
                          John,
                          Why not just rig a fill post line with breakaway from your truck lines. I used a 1/4 turn and bleeder valve to depressurize the connection, which I leave attached most of the time anyway. I have all the parts if you're interested.
                          I'm interested!

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm a new member in CNG chat. I'm from Yangon Myanmar. I'm trying to find a emergency fueling set to transfer CNG from car to car (i.e from tank to tank). I found a device on "WEH TZ 21 CNG for refueling cars from a service vehicle" but the price 1900 USD is very high for me to afford. Therefore I would like to make it cheaper and would somebody direct me to find a CNG filling nozzle connected to a pressure hose...or give me some idea to make it cheaper. Thanks all.

Comment

Burman,
                              Buy used. Isn't everything in your part of the world (outside of US) using 3,000 psi? We are for the most part, discontinuing use of 3,000 psi equipment due to all the tanks and vehicles expiring. Should make for a more affordable solution, at least if it's used parts coming from the U.S.
                              Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X