Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A dilemma... [looking for mid-size vehicle]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A dilemma... [looking for mid-size vehicle]

    OK.. I purchased a Cavalier a while back, and I love it. I'm interested in getting another CNG vehicle. Living in the SLC area it seems simply stupid not to be driving on CNG. So...

    The dilemma is what to get to compliment the Cavalier?

    I'd love to get a little 4x4 Jimmy or Toyota 4 runner or something along that size. But, I don't see many or any of those.

    I could get a F-150 or something. But those really are bigger than I'm interested in.

    I could get a Contour, but it seems those aren't reliable?

    I could get a Civic, but that's pretty much what I got. (small car).

    So? What is out there that is not a big truck, but not a small car? What do you all do for a mid-range vehicle?
    2002 Cavalier
    2003 Cavalier
    2004 Cavalier

  • #2
    Re: A dilemma...

    Ford Crown Victoria (full size sedan), Toyota Camry (mid-size) or Chevy Impala (mid-size).
    www.CNGUtah.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A dilemma...

      Achilles heels:

      Any Ford CNG -- Compuvalve, hard to find and very expensive.
      Toyota -- 10 years old (factory support?) and very few made so very hard to find
      Chevy Impala -- new only (expensive!)
      02 GX
      01 GX
      03 Crown Vic
      06 GX
      Home Fueler

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A dilemma...

        Originally posted by freedml View Post
        Any Ford CNG -- Compuvalve, hard to find and very expensive.
        Any Ford Bi-Fuel with a compuvalve. In 2003 they abandoned the compuvalve for a better design, but that was the last year they made them too.

        All of the dedicated Ford's are good to go.



        ?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A dilemma...

          Actually, the Ford factory-CNG Crown Victoria is dedicated CNG, it has no compu-valve.

          Toyotas, I know of a few for sale, PM me for info. These are my favorite CNG car and what I usually drive. I've been driving one for over a year with zero problems. It's a Toyota.

          Impalas are very nice cars. Lancer Auto in SLC can give you more info on the conversion.
          www.CNGUtah.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A dilemma...

            Fords, Toyota Camrys, and Impalas have been talked about.

            What about a '00 - '01 SUV from Arizona? You might be able to find a Tahoe, Yukon, or Durango.
            Jared.
            Mountain Green, Utah
            2003 CNG Cavalier
            2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A dilemma...

              Originally posted by Highmarker View Post
              Fords, Toyota Camrys, and Impalas have been talked about.

              What about a '00 - '01 SUV from Arizona? You might be able to find a Tahoe, Yukon, or Durango.
              Those are full sized trucks right? I've got a 30 mile commute, and want to keep it smaller than those.

              Thanks for all your ideas. I'm sure there's more?

              What do you guys use for a mid-sized car?
              2002 Cavalier
              2003 Cavalier
              2004 Cavalier

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A dilemma...

                In addition to our dedicated CNG Impala, the guys at Lancer Auto can get you into a dedicated or bi-fuel Focus or Milan / Fusion. The dedicated Impala and Fusion will get you $2,500 federal and $2,500 state tax credits to help offset the conversion. The Focus has $4,000 federal + $2,500 state. Note there are no federal credits for bi-fuel conersions (Utah's $2,500 is OK for either).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A dilemma...

                  Originally posted by John Mitton View Post
                  In addition to our dedicated CNG Impala, the guys at Lancer Auto can get you into a dedicated or bi-fuel Focus or Milan / Fusion. The dedicated Impala and Fusion will get you $2,500 federal and $2,500 state tax credits to help offset the conversion. The Focus has $4,000 federal + $2,500 state. Note there are no federal credits for bi-fuel conersions (Utah's $2,500 is OK for either).
                  I would go for the fusion if you can afford it. I can't get one in CA, stupid carb!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X