Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New POI for CNG stations, need your GPS data!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New POI for CNG stations, need your GPS data!

here is the rock springs, wy. station. Kind of out of the way and not very well lit.

Rock Springs, WY.
    N 41 degrees 34.788
    W 109 degrees 12.391

kg.

Comment

Placentia City Corporate Yard

Entrance from La Jolla. Sign at street, follow a fairly long driveway.

At pumps.

33.8628 N
      117. 8650 W

Comment

SoCalGas base - Riverside CA
        4495 Howard Avenue Riverside, CA 92507

Entrance on Cottage
        Any credit card opens the gate

33.9711 N
        117.3719 W

Comment

The bakersfield PGE station is up and running contrary to Cngprices.com

coordinates
          n 35.31472
          w 119.03933

The poi from yahoo gx is wrong.
          I also updated cngprices.com
          cheers
          bob

Comment

Victor Valley Transportation Center (enter main drive of train station - go to the rear and left.)
            16690 D Street Victorville, CA 92392

34.5392 N
            117.2961 W

City of Barstow
            West Main Street at Sandstone Court Barstow, CA 92311
            866-278-3674

During our recent trip we saw the 3600 dispenser go down. We called the number and they asked if we wanted to wait for the technician to come out. We did not need to, but thought it was pretty cool they offered a quick response.

34.8864 N
            117.0792 W

Las Vegas (Downtown)
            (Haycock Card required)
            300 W Bonanza Road Las Vegas, NV 89106
            (Washington and "A" st.)

36.1800 N
            115.1433 W

City of Las Vegas NW Service Center
            (Haycock Card required)
            2950 Ronemus Drive Las Vegas, NV 89128

36.2144 N
            115.2569 W

Flying J
            1460 N 1750 West Springville, UT 84663

40.1867 N
            111.6406 W

Comment

Any chance of this data becoming available from CNGPrices.com? Would be great if there were an export available from there, with the POI Name including the price ($1.72 - City of Ontario) or something like that? Would be nice to set up a weekly/daily/whatever export to my nav system to always have relatively accurate information. Would also let me know easily when I'm there, if I need to send in a price update.

Of course, I also have to figure out how to get my nav system to import these in a searchable manner...
              1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
              2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

Has anyone successfully entered the data as POIs and have the nav system route to the closest when requested as a POI type? It is interesting that the CNG stations do not show up when you do a local search with Google or Yahoo. They are also not included in the Navteq or Teleatlas map data.

This means that the location info is not located in the same places as the regular gas stations. Also connected Navigation sysems will route you to the closest gas station and show you the price of the gas. Does anyone know how this is done currently?

Comment

How's this project coming along? No updates in 2 months

Comment

Originally posted by CraziFuzzy View Post
                    Any chance of this data becoming available from CNGPrices.com? Would be great if there were an export available from there, with the POI Name including the price ($1.72 - City of Ontario) or something like that? Would be nice to set up a weekly/daily/whatever export to my nav system to always have relatively accurate information. Would also let me know easily when I'm there, if I need to send in a price update.

Of course, I also have to figure out how to get my nav system to import these in a searchable manner...
                    Some Navigation Systems are always connected and can interface to websites that contain any type of data the web developer wants to include. There is one called DASH that I have seen working. Someone knoweledgable should build a site that sends out location and updated prices to the Nav units. Garmin and other Nav manufactures must have the same capability.

Comment

Or you could use cngprices.com on a web enabled phone. I have an older nav, so I spent some time and entered every station in So Cal (except CE stations since I won't support them) into my system. Still plenty to get around on once you know where the remaining stations are. Saves a lot of time too.

Comment

Can you select the station on the display and then have your phone navigate to it? It seems like it would be hard to use on a smaller phone screen. I think the solution is to get Navteq and Teleatlas to include CNG stations in their map data however that is done.

Why is everyone so upset with CE. Aren't they responsible for expanding the infrastructure well beyond what it was just a couple of years ago?

Comment

You bet they are, and I'm not upset with them. I just won't use their stations until their pricing structure is comparable to everyone elses.

Comment

I have been unsucessful in using cngprices on my phone. No idea why, but the 'go' but I am unable to click the 'go' button on my Motorola KRZR phone. Don't have the problem with any other sites either, so it's strange. I've checked the page source, and it APPEARS to be correct. No idea.

If I actually customize the URL for my search, the results display fine (http://mobile.cngprices.com/?address=92509&fuel_type=1)
                            Last edited by CraziFuzzy; 09-19-2008, 02:37 AM.
                            1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
                            2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

You can submit any CNG station to
                              http://www.poihandler.com
                              those lists are available for free for anyone to download into a format for many navigation system.
                              Personally I would prefer the POI list to come from cngprices incl. the prices and I would download on a regular basis, but this is currently not available but in the works.

Comment

Why don't we start up a sourceforge project? Then people could submit their changes on a form or just commit them (to be reviewed).

Comment

Working...
                                X