Thinking of building a CNG station in Arkansas-Need Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of building a CNG station in Arkansas-Need Input

I'm not new to computers but never been on a forum - really not sure how to use this site. I'm taking a survey right now in Conway Arkansas to find out the interest of CNG. My fathers company is planning to install a fueling station if the demand is there. Not many people know about CNG here, but its slowly catching on. The big question is of course how much would it cost us. I'm trying to figure out what incentives are in place in Arkansas so far its been pretty overwhelming to decifer the govt. lingo. Any help would be appreciated even a nudge in the right direction. I've learned a lot concerning CNG but still have a long way to go. I really want Arkansas to catch up with the rest of the US, we are always behind!! Thanks
    rhonda

Re: Thinking of building a CNG station in Arkansas-Need Input

Welcome to the group, rhonda. Several bits of advice.
    1) Go to the Clean Cities Forum and identify the thread that says "New Clean Cities Coordinator List" and identify the nearest coalition contact to you. Their entire existance is built around developing alternative fuels and infrastructure.

2) Identify the local Air Quality Management District that you live in and make inroads there. Often they will fund up to 90% of such a project.

these entities can assist in identifying fleets from the Feds, state, local govt and private entities that use cng in your area.

Cost of infrastructure can run the gammut, depending on the size of station and and throughput needed. My tiny little station just cost about $300k and can run into $1million or more. Don't forget the grant money available for public infrastructure, which can come from several different directions, but usually the Air District.

3) Spend some time reading through the forums to get a general idea about how things are laid out and always try to post your question in the most appropriate forum so that it can easily be found by others. This probably wasn't the best spot for this post, so I'll move it to the Main Forum, so follow it there, ok?

You've made the most important first step. You found cngchat.This is the "hot spot" for the cng/ngv industry and the moderator's are, for the most part, industry professionals and experts that possess a wealth of knowledge.
    Last edited by Curtis; 07-15-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

thanks so much for your reply and suggestions. I'm spending countless hours on the net learning about cng. i'm looking at the IC corp (bus company) they are using maxxforce engines EGR but I can't seem to understand if this is in conjunction with cng or not. May be a stupid question but I want to know before I call them! Thanks so much!!

Comment

I believe MaxxForce is Internationals line of application configurable diesel engines. What are you looking for? Are you trying to find a cng bus to present to a fleet manager to get the infrastructure buy in?

I didn't read that you've been to your Air District, or Clean Cities yet. If you haven't, that should be the very next thing you do. They do this daily and have, or at least should have all the answers and resources you need.

You may seriously consider going to the AFVi's show in Vegas. It's one of the biggest and ALL the players, from station builders to bus suppliers will be there. There are also engine builders builders that can upfit existing equipment. That would be a one stop shop for education and resources. I think I have it on the group calender for August or September.

Comment

Does anyone know of someone who owns a CNG vehicle in Arkansas? I'm writing a story about alternative fuel vehicles. You can read our newsletter at www.arkansasenergy.org.

Molly

Comment

Rhonda, do you own a CNG vehicle? I'm writing a story for my job and I'd like to find people who own one. I'm especially interested in the fact you want to build a fueling station. May we talk? I work for the UA Division of Agriculture Public Policy Center and we collaborate with the Arkansas Energy Office to do a quarterly newsletter. This next issue is on alternative transportation fuels.

Comment

Molly PM John Mitton I believe he has one of is Impala purchasers in Arkansas.

Comment

Working...
              X