No announcement yet.

Fill valve O-ring and Tank inspection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fill valve O-ring and Tank inspection.

Where can I get a fill valve Oring? I just bought a 99 ford 250 pickup with 3 tanks and I read on this forum that they have to be inspected every 3 years. I live in west texas and the closest station is 120 miles away. Needless to say I'm rapidly becoming an ex cng convert.

Re: Fill valve O-ring and Tank inspection.

I'm not sure where you're at there in West Texas, but I used 76691
    as a search peramiter on Honda's site. You should be able to contact any of these dealers to pick up an O-Ring that should work. Perhaps they'd mail it to you while you wait for a few more stations to open near you. Hang in there brother. I'm from Ft Worth myself... I can relate.

Lute Riley Honda
    1331 N Central Expy
    Richardson, TX 75080
    (972)238-1700
    84.1 miles

Howdy Honda
    5519 E Ben White Blvd
    Austin, TX 78741
    (512)443-4300
    115.4 miles away

Goodson Honda West
    10250 Old Katy Rd
    Houston, TX 77043
    (713)464-7482
    166.0 miles away

Eskridge Honda
    1030 I-240 Access Road
    Oklahoma City, OK 73139
    (405)631-4444
    250.4 miles away

Bob Howard Honda
    13201 N Kelley Ave
    Oklahoma City, OK 73131
    (405)753-8700
    264.8 miles away

Comment

I live in San angelo, I was in dallas and got gas at a poorly maintained station on lamar street,; ie no gauges. I put 4 gallons in and I think the oring was too small and came off with the dispenser. I 'm looking for the small ,thick one that should be there.

Comment

I can't help you with your tank inspection from Utah. However I can can help you with the O-ring. Send me your mailing address and name. I will not charge you for the little bugger. But I will ask that you help someone out when you have the chance.

Comment

airportac,

I can help you with finding a cylinder/fuel system inspector in TX (although there aren't that many).

Go to:
          http://peoplesearch.csa-america.org/default.asp

Enter country and state and see what comes up.

Best regards,

afvman

Comment

You'll find that in most instances, blowing the oring out is due to disconnecting the nozzle before the line pressure has a chance to bleed off completely. This can result in the oring ending up inside the nozzle, or on the ground around the vehicle. Make a habit of checking it after each fueling and carry a spare in the glovebox to avoid future problems.

Comment

Working...
            X