Can I drive DC to Wisconsin on CNG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I drive DC to Wisconsin on CNG?

I sold my Civic to a buyer in Racince WI. Are there CNG stations between Washington DC and Chicago so I could drive all the way? The farthest I've driven on a tank was 186 miles which was 10 miles after the low fuel light came on so if I drove 55 mph for maximum mileage I should be able to top 200 miles a tank.

Re: Can I drive DC to Wisconsin on CNG?

cngprices.com is the best resource for finding stations nationwide.

With a quick look at the map it looks like the next station is just a little too far to the west unless the station in Pittsburgh is repaired.
    www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Also found http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/locator/stations and http://find.mapmuse.com/directory/cng/pa but it looks like I'll be towing the car to the buyer.

Comment

Its only $300 to ship the car to Racine. If you tow it, it will be 1600 miles round trip. It would be much cheaper to ship the car.

Comment

Originally posted by RaulLasVegas View Post
          Its only $300 to ship the car to Racine. If you tow it, it will be 1600 miles round trip. It would be much cheaper to ship the car.
          who do you get to haul cars for 37.5 cents a mile do they have cargo insurance as I own a car hauler and if you have ten cars I will haul them for .50 cents per mile now granted there lots of fly by night haulers out there just like anything else in life you get what you pay for you my get some fool with a pick up and a two car trailer and not for hire insurance whos going to pay for your car if something happens much less if you are named in a lawsuit because your car was involved even through it was on a trailer opps no usmc #no usdot # and the fly by night hualer has no insurance guess whos assets they are going to come after can you say deep pockets that will be the shipper as you caused this fool to be on the road as if you had not shiped the car this clown would not have been there to have a wreck I know this sounds silly but dummer lawsuits have been won brought by the lowest of the lawyers bottom feeders and slime suckers

Comment

http://www.dasautoshippers.com/

They have been in business for 55 years. I pulled the quote off thier site. I have used them, and am a satisfied customer.

Comment

I can readily do 220 in my 04 by filling the night before, then topping off in the morning to replace room in the tank lost to heat expansion. I can usually add about 1 gge or more.

Comment

http://www.dasautoshippers.com/

They have been in business for 55 years. I pulled the quote off thier site. I have used them, and am a satisfied customer.
                Then you must have been very lucky. Go to the Ebaymotors discussion boards and ask them what they think of DAS. Most will tell you to stay away from them.

Comment

das is kinda a joke in the auto hauling world as it cant get any worse I have heard many bad things about them such cars taking a month or more to get where you sent them damage to your car and they try to tell you it was done when they picked it up telling customers that they would not pay the first 250 damage as it is a deductable well if I have a crash I have to pay my deductable they do the damage they should pay not the customer they are cheap and back to you get what you pay for I am glad you had good luck with them but I would not ship with them with the storys I have heard I cant remember having a customers car on my truck for more than 10 days and I felt bad about that most of the time the dealers that I hual for want a team on the truck that that there cars beat them home from the sale so they can get them on the lot for sale

Comment

Punctuation.

Doesn't matter - get top of the line and pay $800. Still cheaper/better than DIY. You're looking at renting a car hauler, 100+ gallons in gas for the tow vehicle, renting the tow vehicle if you don't have one, at least 2-3 nites in hotels, blah blah blah.

Comment

Doesn't matter - get top of the line and pay $800. Still cheaper/better than DIY.
                      Not these days. Certainly not cheaper, absolutely not better. Hand it to a shipper and you wait 10 days until they find a truck to haul it, another week in some depot waiting for the transfer to a truck going to the final destination, all the while hoping it doesn't get placed on the bottom row with a leaker above it dripping oil or brake fluid and ruining the paint.

If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. Cost me just about $250 for gas, tolls and a motel. Thats $550 I get to keep for 2 days of just sitting and driving.

Comment

Originally posted by atikovi View Post

If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. Cost me just about $250 for gas, tolls and a motel. Thats $550 I get to keep for 2 days of just sitting and driving.
                        I towed my own from Rochester to Indy, because I was buying it. I guess I wouldn't care as much if I was selling it. But then I would expect the buyer to pay for delivery anyway.

You must have had your own/borrowed tow vehicle and dolly/hauler. Most people don't, and Uhaul would have taken your $250 just for a dolly, and twice that much for a transport trailer.

Comment

Working...
                        X