Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks: Just a reminder. If a post has been inactive for 2 Mos. or more , please start a new thread. It keeps the discussion fresh. You can add a link to the old thread if needed.

Thank You .

Forum Staff.

Re: New posts on old Threads

More importantly, people that read new threads will get notification. Posting to an 'old' thread will only go to the people that responded to or subscribed to that thread.
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

I usually just click the "New Posts" button on the menu bar. It shows me any new posts since the last time I was logged in. I guess if it's been a few days since you've logged in it might be more posts than you'd like to browse through.
      -Derek
      www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Originally posted by CNG Utah View Post
        I usually just click the "New Posts" button on the menu bar.
        Agreed. I too do this as well. That is what it is there for!

Originally posted by Lakewood90712
        If a post has been inactive for 2 Mos. or more , please start a new thread.
        Most mainstream forums, regardless of the topic, that see constant and steady traffic do not have this type of policy. As the site grows and ages with time, it will make finding relevant information via search more tedious.

Not that my opinion matter at all, but whilst we are on the topic, locking threads for "housekeeping" is silly. I think the prevailing perception is that when a thread is locked, it is usually because something bad has happened. Most people do not like to see a thread resurrected from the dead just to see some post "me too", but if there is updated information to be added, locking prevents that.

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Working...
        X