Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New legislation to keep an eye on in CA

curtis -

i am very interested in buying a cng, in most part for the carpool advantage.

Right now, where does cng carpool access stand? When does it expire under current law and when do you expect a decision on it?

SOunded like for your earlier posts that there was a hearing last week? Any status on how it went?

Also - is it a done deal that hybrid access will end at the end of 2010 or is that still an option that could exist? Is there a chance that cng access could be cut off at the same time?

Trying to decide what and when to buy - any information would be greatly ap[preciated!

Cheers

Kevin

Comment

Hi,

I purchased a 2010 GX over the weekend. Can someone please share with me on how to get a white carpool sticker? California DMV website still has informtaion with expiration date of Jan 1, 2011. The 2010 GX is listed as a ATPZEV vehicle (Advanced Technology Partial Emissions VEhicle), which according to the website qualifies for a yellow sticker. There is a box for CNG as primary power.

The website lists only California's super ultra-low emission vehicle (SULEV) standard for exhaust emissions and the federal inherently low-emission vehicle (ILEV) as vehicles that qualify for white sticker.

Do I have to wait until the website gets updated?

Please help!

Comment

drweichang,

I was wondering the same thing. The GX has always been issued the white sticker. And the GX is actually a SULEV vehicle so the website is wrong. I contacted the CA ARB to have them update their website, but they have not done so yet. The million dollar question is whether the new legislation extending the stickers to 2015 were intended to exclude the GX? I don't think so but the state is inept, so you need to wait and see. Just apply for the sticker once you have your license plate and see what happens.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the response. I spoke with someone in Ted Lieu's office and was told AB 1500 would extend the white sticker/GX until 2015...thats one of the main reasons I bought the car! It would apply to the GX and a few of the electric cars out there (a friend of mine got a white sticker for her Tesla...but I dont have one hundered grand!).

Reading the forum, people seemed to have had some problems getting the sticker. I just wanted to make sure I fill out the application as accurately as possible prior to sending it off.

Comment

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. New subject matter... new thread.
            Welcome to the forum. Please read through the FAQ for the site prior to posting. Please do not start a new conversation (thread) in an existing thread about a different subject matter. Although AB 1500 is loosely associated with your question, your question is not about AB 1500. There is a search feature to assist you in finding ongoing threads relevant to your areas of interest. The form you require is located here: http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....-sticker-forms
            Last edited by Curtis; 07-13-2010, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X